“A decent hotel at a decent price. But, difficult exit onto busy highway.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Arkansas
“A decent hotel at a decent price. But, difficult exit onto busy highway.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is decent and the staff is friendly. It is what you would expect from a mid-level Marriott property. The hotel is located on a busy highway about 10 minutes from downtown TC. The room was comfortable and had a microwave and small fridge. I was a bit put off when I woke up the first day and decided to make coffee with the in room coffee maker, only to find that housekeeping had failed to clean the appliance after being used by the previous guest (Yuk! It contained the leftover coffee grounds and liquid). The coffee maker was never cleaned during our 3 day stay. Coffee maker aside, the hotel is very nice. My main complaint is with the entry and exit from the hotel. The entry is hidden and hard to find (make a right turn immediately after passing Sams Club). Exiting the hotel property onto the busy highway during peak traffic hours is difficult if you are heading towards downtown Traverse City or the bay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel does not live up to the high Marriott standard. I have stayed at the hotel three times while traveling for business and will not be returning. The first two times I asked about rates for future stays and was told by the front desk staff they would leave a message for a Manager to contact me. Both time I did not receive a response. I emailed Marriott and only then did the manager respond with an email stating they couldn't find my messages anywhere on their desk but if I need something, to call.

My most recent stay sealed the deal for never using this hotel again. I do a lot of traveling for business and use Marriott esclusivley because normally they have been accomodating to last mintue changes. This hotel, however, is not accomodating.

If you are looking for good customer service, look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ARW4785
HaveVetteWillTravel, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I am sorry that you did not receive the guest service that we pride ourselves on. We will speak about clear customer communication in our daily meetings. It is our hopes that you will give our Marriott award winning staff another chance to provide you with great service.
Columbia SC
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The high point of this hotel is the staff. Every single front desk employee I spoke to was friendly and responsive. Upon check out, I asked to have a package shipped via FedEx and I received A+ care from the employee who helped me. She even taped up my box and made sure it was good to go before I left. I was very grateful for her help, as I was trying to make an early flight at TVC. Overall, I felt they had one of the stronger staff teams I have observed on recent my business travels.

The rooms are clean and in line with what one expects from Fairfield Inn properties. The bathroom mirror lighting could be better. Walls are a little thin. I did have a lot of noise from the man next door the first night, but, thankfully, he checked out and wasn't there the next two nights. I liked having my own refrigerator and made a run to Target to stock it. I'm not a huge fan of the AC window units, because they click on and off so loudly and disrupt my sleep, but they are pretty standard at places like Fairfield, Courtyard and Hampton Inn these days.

I had to travel to TC for work during the end of the Cherry Festival and caught the tail end of some surprisingly high rates at this hotel ($274 plus tax!!!!). That seemed to be the case at a lot of the properties in the area during the Festival, as has been pointed out in other reviews. Hard to believe that these rooms were costing as much as I have paid at the Ritz! At that price, it's hard to argue the Fairfield is a good deal. But it's a good value at around $150 a night, in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here because it was a Marriott property and the city was busy with Cherry Festival, but we were blown away with it's $250 per night rate.due to the festival. The place was clean and the staff was very cordial, a big plus, but I can't get away from the negative price gouging feeling. The other huge negative was access to the property. It was hidden, and trying to get out was dangerous due the the heavy traffic and no stop light to slow the cross traffic down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JJCjr
Arnota-AGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Although, we are a bit difficult to find, most of our guests enjoy our quiet location. Traverse City is a very popular summer vacation spot. We are confident that our rate is competitive in this market. Thank you for staying with us.
Orange County
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Rooms might be dated but hotel is clean and nice.
Good location, and you must try the strawberry water they have at the check in counter.
Pool is also nice and the breakfast is a big plus.
Sam's club is near by for cheap gas.and things you may need on your vacation.

Room Tip: Get the top floor so you don't hear people walking above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel same in person as in pictures. Great service and staff. Bit pricey but great location, far from craziness and traffic during 4th July weekend. Breakfast was also good. Pool and room really clean! Only complaint was the thumping on floor from room above ours at 5 am!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I recently stayed at this property and cannot think of any complaints! It was under 10 minutes from downtown Traverse City, and very easy to access (right off a main road- but the hotel is tucked back far enough that from our room, we didn't hear any traffic). The complimentary breakfast in the morning was awesome! There was everything you could want in a free continental breakfast (waffle maker, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, etc) and the guy cooking and stocking everything was SO on top of making sure it was all full and that everyone had what they needed. The hotel is very updated and modern, including the rooms, which is always nice. The king size bed we had was SO comfy too, super fluffy! We enjoyed the pool & hot tub several times and were very appreciate of the extended hours for adults, from 10-11:30pm since we never got back to the hotel earlier than 10pm. Other than that, we didn't spend too much time in the hotel, but everyone we came in contact with was really nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to friends as well!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple