“Very Nice Stay”

Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
michigan
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

Our stay at the Quality Inn was awesome from the moment we arrived, the front desk was very friendly and had alot of knowledge of the area, made some very good recomendations for us. We stayed in a jacuzzi room , the room was clean and warm.
Breakfast the next morning was very good, hot sausage and waffles with juice and coffee, plus alot more. There was plenty to do in the TC area, plus we got our morning walk in with the trail right behind the hotel. Thanks everyone for a nice weekend. Will visit you again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Than you for staying with us. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and will be looking to stay again. Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guest feels right at home.

We strive to ensure your stay is seamless and that we can provide anything from directions to recommendations on sites and activities.

The T.A.R.T. (Traverse Area Recreational Trail) is a favorite amongst locals and traverse alike. It is conveniently located just behind our hotel.

We thank you again for allowing us to service you and we look forward in seeing you again.

Thank You!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2010

Our getaway was wonderful. Close to Winter Festival activities and shopping. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast food was very good and fresh, we really liked the waffles & yogurt. Enjoyed the large hot tub at the end of our busy days and the Housekeeping and Front Desk staff we encountered were helpful and courteous.
Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay with us. We are happy you were able to visit Traverse City during the Winter Festival and we hope you will have a chance to come and visit during the summer when the National Cherry Fetival takes place as well as seeing the colors in the Fall.

We take pride in making sure our guests can enjoy a full deluxe hot breakfast as well as our indoor heated pool & hot tub.

We hope to see you again soon.

t.c.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

My wife and i recently stayed at your Traverse City location to celebrate her 28th birthday. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a respect that every traveller should receive. The room (while a bit of a walk) was in pristine condition for a smoking room. Many smoking rooms I have stayed in in the past tend to have the remnants of the previous guests, but not so here. I would have to say that you guys have captured the importance of making the guests feel at home while away. And the jacuzzi was clean; a big must for anyone! I look forward to our next visit and would recommend this facility to any individual or couple who need a night out.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your wife's birthday celebration. We hope she had a wonderful day.

We are proud to know you guys enjoyed your stay from start to finish. I can agree that our jacuzzi rooms and very nice whether our guests are in town to celebrate a special occasio or just to get away.

We strive in making sure all of our guest feels right at home during their stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

Thank You Quality Inn for a great stay, My husband and I needed a getaway and it was a pleasure to stay with you. Your staff was helpful in sharing places to eat, your breakfast was awesome!! Our room was clean and comfortable, we also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We will be back again and recommend your hotel to anyone. Thanks Again

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your getaway. We are happy to know you had a good experience.

It is important to know our guests enjoys every emenities we have to offer from our hot deluxe breakfast to our indoor heated pool and hot tub.

We hope you will continue to see us each time you visit Traverse City.

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn over the holiday season. We were very impressed with the attentiveness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The rooms were cozy and the breakfast was delicious. We especially loved the smell of the waffles that lingered down the hallway. My husband loved the waffles, while I enjoyed a ham and egg sandwich. We will definitely stay at the Quality Inn again and we will recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing out hotel for your stay during the holidays. We are proud to know you enjoyed every aspect of your experience with us.

I do agree that the smelll of fresh hot waffles can get the taste buds going.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Hastings, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

My 31-year old daughter and I stayed overnight at the Traverse City Quality Inn. I have stayed in numerous motels and this was one of the worst. The room was marginally clean, the bed skirts, on the beds, were ripped in several places - large rips so the fabric hung down to the floor. The mattresses were horrible. The floor would have been more comfortable and we did discuss that until we realized how nasty the floor was. My daughter took a shower. The shower head was stuck on a pulse rythmn. My daughter set the shower on warm and stepped in. I was sitting on my bed when I heard her scream. The water had changed to very hot and if she had not stepped out of the tub area, she would have got burned. When it went back to warm, she stepped back in and then the water went to ice cold. This happened several more times and finally she gave up on the shower. The next morning we were very tired and disgruntled and glad to see the last of this place. I will never stay in a Quality Inn again.

• Stayed October 2009
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this review, 30 October 2009
Hello Ms. Carol

I want to begin by saying we are sorry you had an unpleasant experience during your recent stay with us.

I'm surprised that the beds were uncomfortable. The Hotel is mandated to have top of the line Serta Sleeper Beds in all the rooms. Sometimes the beds in hotels may not be the same as the one at home, but I have had many comments from guests that the beds in our rooms are even better that the beds they do have at home. I guess it comes down to personal preference. I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectation. We take pride in selecting the right staff to make our housekeeping team more than average.

I am not certain as to what happened with the bed skirts and I have escalated this matter to my housekeeping supervisor. As for the sudden change in water temperature, I have no explanation to offer. We did not receive any other reports of the same issue from other guests, but that does not overshadow the fact that we are concern for the safety and comfort of ALL of our guests. I just wished we were made aware of your experience during your stay so that we would have had the opportunity to make your stay more accommodating and pleasant.

We are aware of all the lodging choices available to guest who visits the Traverse City area and we cannot convey enough how much we value your choice of our hotel for your stay.

We hope that you will allow us another chance to try to meet your expectations the next time you are in Traverse City.

Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Traverse City hotels

Lisle, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

We stayed here because we wanted somewhere lower priced and still close to the beach. We didn't have any complaints with this hotel. It's an older hotel and not flashy, but unless you're planning on spending a lot of time in the room and need a lot of amenities, it's just fine. We stayed in a jacuzzi room which was nice. It was clean, the service was friendly, and you could walk to the beach area from this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing you insight regarding your stay with us. We cannot thank you enough for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

I do agree there are many hotels in this area and we try to be consciencious with our rates in hope that it will align with our guest's budget. We are centrally located with beach access just about a block walking distance.

We are delighted to know you were able to enjoy some of the emenities our hotel had to offer, although we know there are many activities Traverse City has to offer that keeps people busy.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.