“Excellent Stay”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very clean and a great place to stay. We were in town for the Lakeshore Marathon and very nice hotel. The breakfast area was very well stocked and clean. Wish we had more time to use the pool and whirlpool.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the AmericInn! I am so happy you found it to be a great place to stay and how very clean we were. Our staff takes great pride in the hotel and are proud to welcome each and every guest to the hotel. It was our pleasure to be able to welcome you for your stay and hope that we are able to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had never stayed at an Americinn before and I was decently happy. We stayed there during the weekend of the large marathon in Traverse City in May 2013. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean and in decent shape. We used the indoor pool and whirlpool. They were in clean working order but you could tell they were a bit dated. The rooms were nicely decorated with newer bedding and TV. The continental breakfast left a little too be desired but expected for the price of the room. The location was decent and not more than a mile or two from downtown. Good location for tourists in Traverse. Overall it appeared that the hotel is older but they have spend a lot of money upgrading it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

I’m so happy you were able to stay at the AmericInn for the first time and enjoyed your stay. Each and every hotel room and public area just recently went through a full remodel where we upgraded to new furniture, bedding, technology and more. We are very excited to show off all our new furnishings. I’m glad you found that the room was nicely decorated. I hope that you will again continue to use AmericInn for all your travels and I look forward to being able to welcome you again to the Traverse City location!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed here in early May when we had to attend a funeral in TC. This place was perfect!
We stayed in room 122 which is at the end of the hall so only shared a wall with one room. VERY quiet! They were in the middle of remodeling the hotel but it wasn't noisy, they were very accommodating. The breakfast was nice. We used the hot tub/pool area once and it was nice and clean.
The staff was fantastic! Very helpful with where to eat, go for coffee etc. Every day they had yummy chocolate chip cookies out...which we enjoyed too much :)

We would definitely stay here again!! Hope the prices don't go up too much when the remodel is complete ;)

Room Tip: Room 122 is at the end of the hall and very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Thank you so much for such a nice review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the room. I agree that is a nice area of the hotel but know that our masonry construction helps with preventing sound - so all our rooms are very quiet! The renovations are now complete and am glad we you didn't hear us working. We worked hard to make sure the renovations were as quiet as possible. Thank you again for such kind words and I look forward to being able to welcome you back very soon to the AmericInn!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but I was so impressed with this hotel I made an exception! All of the staff, from the desk clerks to the breakfast staff to the housekeepers to the manager, were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was well stocked and yummy. Our room was newly renovated -- in fact, they had just finished remodeling it the day we arrived, so we were the first to stay in it -- and was immaculate and tastefully decorated. The price was amazing (although I looked into staying here again in August and the price was more than double what it was in May). The location was great. The pool was kind of chilly and not the cleanest I've ever seen, but we enjoyed it anyway. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Traverse City and recommended it to two friends already!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 13Holly6
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. We are very proud of the upgrades that we have done to the hotel! I feel very fortunate to work with such a great staff who work for to make sure our guests are taken care of! They are dedicated to the hotel and to our guests! Thank you for your recommendation to your friends – that is one of the best compliments we can receive! I truly appreciate that! I hope to see you back in Traverse City soon where I can welcome you again to the end of the day!

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Whenever we are in the northern Michigan area, we stay at this lovely inn. Yes, the breakfast is a big lure and it usually serves as our brunch with all its variety and the availability until 10 A.M. Walking into the place for us feels like coming home.

Room Tip: Second floor at the end of the hall is perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

I am so happy that we have been able to welcome you during your stays in Northern Michigan. I am so happy to hear about your enjoyment of breakfast and that coming to the hotel makes you feel like you are coming home. I am so proud to have such a great staff and a great facility to help make your stay great. Thank you again for such wonderful comments. They are truly appreciated. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed at the Americinn over the weekend to do some shopping. The hotel was very clean. I really enjoyed the morning breakfasts - I'm a waffle fan! The only negative comment I have is that for some reason our room was not cleaned/freshened up by the housekeeping staff. The front desk person didn't know why but offered to come up and tidy a bit but we declined as we were gone the whole day and just wanted to relax. They did adjust the rate for the second night for the oversight. Would I still recommend this place - yes!

Room Tip: Suites are very comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and want to apologize for the issue with housekeeping. We pride ourselves on our quality of service and unfortunately it looks like we dropped the ball. I am happy our front desk was able to help and offer you the service you expected and made it right. Our customers are out #1 priority and know that these concerns have been addressed with the housekeeping manager. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs in Traverse City

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff are great and they have a delicious free hot breakfast. Make your own waffles, pastries, meat, eggs or biscuits and gravy. The pool area is big. They do offer open swim and birthday parties so the pool may be full of non- guests which is annoying. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in reserving a room. Just out the back is the TART trail which is nice for biking or walking to area restaurants.

1  Thank Mexico02
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the AmericInn Traverse City. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourself on our AmericInn Perk breakfast and glad that you enjoyed it. I look forward to being able to welcome you back soon!