GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn By the Bay(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Beach Haus Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Brio Beach Inn(Traverse City)
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Pinestead Reef Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
All reviewsdairy queenpirate's covewafflesroom was cleanmini golfpublic beachred mesa grillhot tublobby areacookiesputt putthard boiled eggsfridge and microwavewould definitely stay here againnice place to stayfree breakfasta great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The room was fine. The pool was clean. The entry looked great. The tv didn't work, but it was resolved. BUT...in the morning we found ants all over our stuff. Yuck! "Oh sorry," was the overall reaction of the desk clerk. Not really a solution.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa M
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Teresa, thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our AmericInn has a very high standard and reputation of guest room cleanliness. You were promised a clean room and it appears we did not live up to that expectation. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience which you experienced. I was surprised to hear this as ants are not usually out in Northern Michigan this time of year but know that we have had our housekeeping and maintenance departments looking into this concern.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

It's great to ski the race, and be so close to your motel! After the race, staff gave us cookies, and the hot tub was just the ticket! Quiet, and close to the red mesa grill for post race feast. Stayed over on Saturday for the grand traverse - they let us check out late, so we did the same post race routine on sunday before heading home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review about the AmericInn Traverse City after your recent stay. I’m so happy you enjoyed the VASA – its such a great race and other then the extreme cold this winter – the conditions were perfect for it! I’m glad you enjoyed your cookies and hot tub (you deserve it after participating in the race). I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for the kind words about the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We will never stay at this place again. Our entire hockey team along with parents and grandparents booked a 2 night stay. The rooms are nice. Definetly above average. However my first issue was the mystery stains on both comforters. Next was later when we all came together after our hockey to have some pizza and QT. We were in the common/breakfast area and were harrassed by the manager several times saying were we being too loud. We all turned in for the night. The next morning we got up and had found out that some of the team grandparents were being asked to leave. Apparently they weren't leaving as fast as the hotel clerk liked and were told that if they didnt pick up the pace the authorities will be called. Mind you they are in their 70s. Next thing was I was over charged. My bill was suppossed to be $69.90x2 nights. I was quoted just under $140 and was charged $185. When I confronted the front desk, again I was treated with terrible customer service. I was told that it was because I used my debit card instead of paying cash or using my credit card. WHAT????? Next I see a fellow hockey parent at the desk. Turns out that he had 3 bottles of beer in his arm coming in from unloading his vehicle and one slipped out of his arm and broke. He is apparently being charged extra for "throwing beer bottles". Our team Coach went to the desk and asked to speak to the manager. He then came out of his office in the back wearing a white hoodie with 4 stains on it. The young girl working the front desk and the manager in his hoodie were very rude the entire time. ROTTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE. The manager and the young lady at the desk are both on a power trip

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank tshajones
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Tasha….I’m sorry you have concerns regarding your stay. As we talked about at the front desk, we had multiple problems with your hockey team during your stay. I would like to clear up a point that the people that were asked to leave in your team was due to them sneaking a dog into the hotel and it was barking in the room. We actually had a nice conversation with them and they understood. As you know, their daughter got very verbal at our front desk (as you helped walk her away as she was getting so upset). As for your bill, multiple staff tried to explain to you it is a pre-authorization, something that is done at every hotel. As for the beer bottle, I’m not sure what you are speaking about there. There are no extra charges. As for my sweatshirt, I was actually walking out the door and had already changed to leave for the day when you demanded to speak to me and I even had my coat on ready to go. I am sorry that you feel the way you do about the hotel and know that we look out for all our guests and we must enforce the rules of the hotel to ensure everyone has a pleasant time.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. We came for a relaxing weekend and we got what we were looking for at the Americinn. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff member and later in the weekend, she was again very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and had a relaxing weekend! It is our goal for each of our guests to feel like the AmericInn is your home away from home! Providing great service is what we do – and I’m so happy that you found that! I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Traverse City area!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff were friendly and the service was good. We had a problem with a toilet and were quickly moved to another room. Not peak season, this might have been an issue otherwise.
The breakfast was not good. We saw cheaper rates listed on signs as we came into town, the hotel did go ahead and change the price we were offered online to a lower AAA rate.
Walls are a bit thin- this might normally go unnoticed be we could unfortunately hear the people next door very well..
I am not sure why this has such a high ranking. My only thought is that maybe it is normally a good deal compared to other places to stay and people are happy they didn't pay more?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank momnhongkong
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you felt that we did not live up to your expectations during your recent visit. I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly and the service was good. I do apologize about your maintenance issue. Sometimes things do come up and while our staff is able to make repairs on anything at the hotel, so we would not interrupt you, they offered a room move. We strive to give our guests a positive experience every time they stay and we live by the Golden Rule that while we know mistakes can happen, we work to make it right. Taking good care of folks is what we do best. Please accept my sincere apology for taking you want to try another place. I truly hope that you reconsider and give us another change and let us show you why we are ranked so high in hotels in the area. Every guest is important to the staff and myself personally. If you want to discuss in more detail, please feel free to call me anytime.