“Decent accommodation in Traverse City area”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Lansing, Michigan
“Decent accommodation in Traverse City area”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just came back from our 1 night stay at AmericInn Traverse City. Room had everything you need for a comfortable stay. We booked 2 rooms with 2 queen beds. Even with a connecting door between rooms, we hardly heard any noise from the room next door. Got a very friendly welcome note from the cleaning lady "Emily". Nice touch. I was also impressed with the receptionist "Megan" and the lady in breakfast area (did not catch her name). They were really friendly and helpful. I asked for late check out, and got it without any hassle. That nice 'breakfast' lady said goodbye to us after checking out and said "Visit us again next time", and I really feel that I would like to stay there again next time. Surrounding area was nice. Close to many restaurants and only a few minutes from downtown. Did not have the chance to try the beach across the street since the lake was still frozen. Our kids love the swimming pool very much. Breakfast was good, it was off season so we have no problem with seating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about your recent stay at the AmericInn Traverse City! Our hotel takes pride in its customer service and I’m so happy you were able to see our warm hospitality and that we were able to accommodate your special requests. Hopefully next time mother nature will cooperate and you will be able to try our the wonderful East Bay beach! Thank you again for taking the time to write about your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back to the AmericInn very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Husband and I stayed for one night. We were a bit worried what our room would look like since we got such a great price, ( but it was off season). Nice size room, very clean, staff helpful. Will stay here again when in town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay! We take pride on our clean rooms and award winning customer service and I’m so happy that you were able to experience it first hand. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you on your return to visit to Traverse City!
Sparta
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very nice and quiet room. Decent size, good lighting, refrigerator, microwave, iron and board, dryer, coffee, and WiFi. Free USA Today available in lobby, as well as 24 hour coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Beds and pillows are comfortable. Great breakfast, with hard boiled eggs, Belgium waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. Artwork in rooms and lobby are better than average. Pool and hot tub are nice. Very friendly staff. I will stay here again next time I am in Traverse City.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay at the AmericInn and experienced all of our wonderful amenities that we have at the AmericInn Traverse City. Thank you too for pointing out our artwork. We are proud of our recent renovation and the artwork really was something that we worked to make sure was great throughout the property. I look forward to being able to welcome you back soon to the AmericInn!
Coopersville, Mi
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much...the staff was very helpful and they have a nice pool...kids will love it...Coffee on the counter,,,breakfast in am...great waffles...cereals, hard boiled eggs, juices, rolls, toast, butter, cream cheese, jelly, milk, some fruits...just what the doctor ordered...
I give this the A+ rating...just comfortable and clean...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay at the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy our pool and other amenities. Thank you for your A+ rating and I hope to see you back at the AmericInn very soon when we can Welcome you to the end of the day!
Alpena
Reviewed 26 March 2014

very nice hotel, good breakfast bar. very comfortable beds and pillows.
staff very friendly and helpful. would stay here again any time we would be in the traverse city mi area. unable to have time for the pool and hot tub , but the area looked clean

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our AmericInn Perk Breakfast in the morning! Hearing you would stay here anytime you are in the area is such a nice thing to say and we are glad to be able to welcome you back again and again during your visits to the Traverse City area. Thank you!
Vicksburg
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel isn't very impressive from the outside and may turn some guests away. But the hotel is very nice inside. Comfortable beds, clean and updated rooms and bathrooms. You normally get a lot less for the price or even more than what we pay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found a great value at the AmericInn! I appreciate your comments and hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon to the AmericInn Traverse City!
Mount Pleasant
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is by far one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Very clean, nice staff, and breakfast was wonderful. Many many options. The people in general in the traverse city area were just wonderful. The rooms were cozy and there were never problems with noise or anything like that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for the review. I am very humbled at your words. Our staff works very hard and works to ensure satisfaction in all areas of our hotel and I’m so happy you had the opportunity to experience our hospitality at the AmericInn. Thank you again for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience and I hope that I will be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon! Thank you!