“Good basic hotel”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was very nice. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. There was coffee and tea 24 hours a day. The fresh chocolate chip cookies in the evenings was a mice touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dew-s02
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about the AmericInn and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and amenities. We know you have a lot of choices in lodging when staying in town and we are so happy that you chose to stay with us and that you would return on your next visit. Thank you again for taking the time to tell everyone on TripAdvisor about your experience at the AmericInn Traverse City. Hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great Place to stay in the Traverse Area. Has all the Comforts of Home. The Staff Goes OVER AND ABOVE in Service. Breakfast is Delicious and there is a wide variety of choices. The Room was Clean Comfortable and Modern. Will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Liz K
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Liz, thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that you found your stay to be just like home. We strive to be your vacation destination while in the area and try to be just like home with all the comforts you expect. I’m so happy that you enjoyed our upgraded accommodations and the award winning service that our staff provides. We all enjoy welcoming our guests each day to the hotel! Thank you again for taking time to tell everyone about the hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was not sure what I was going to get for the descent price, especially in Traverse City. You don't have lake front property, but are near a putt-putt. For the price & if you spend most of the time outside of the hotel room, it was excellent for the price. Clean with a friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Victoria C
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Victoria, thank you for the kind words about your recent stay at the AmericInn. I am so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations about the hotel! Thank you again for taking the time to tell everyone about your stay and I hope to see you back at the AmericInn very soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The facility, the room, the staff and location was adequate for all we needed to do on our visit this past weekend. Pretty much sleep and shower is all we were looking for. My wife and I had a busy weekend away from the hotel so we were satisfied with everything this hotel had to offer. The only thing I would strongly suggest is for a young family to keep a child's attention by walking hand in hand. Especially outside in the parking lot. The five lane road at the front of the hotel is very busy and cars travel between 45 to 55 MPH. This hotel is located across the street from East Bay with no safe crossing area. The indoor pool area looks nice and adults from 10 to midnight is a plus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karl S

Karl, thank you for writing a review about our hotel and your recent visit. I am glad you enjoyed your time here and hopefully next time you will be able to enjoy more. It sounds like you were very busy during your stay! The state highway which we are located on is very busy I will agree. Please know that there is a overhead walkway just down the street from the hotel at the State Park which anyone can use. Thank you again for your kind words about the AmericInn and I hope to welcome you again for your next vacation to beautiful Traverse City!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay was amazing. The hotel was very clean. The breakfast was awesome. There was lots of good freshly made food and the kids had a great time in the pool. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in Traverse City.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt V
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Matt, thank you for your words about your recent stay at the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy that you had an awesome time and that you would recommend the hotel to others coming to town. This is such a nice compliment. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for choosing the AmericInn for your recent stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon! Thank you!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I normally stay at Hampton Inn or HIE when travelling, however my wife insisted we stay here because the hotel had good reviews and the price was attractive (half the price of Hampton Inn). I must say I was hesitant at first when we booked but ended up being quite surprised when I walked in. The hotel was up to date and the rooms were clean. The only downside I can think of is that the pool use chlorine and the smell is strong in the lobby and corridors.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marc L
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the AmericInn Traverse City. I’m glad that we were able to introduce you to our brand and from your comments, hope to make you a regular guest at our hotel. We take pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms with superior service to all of our guests. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again and again during your visits to beautiful Traverse City! Thank you again!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We got a GREAT PRICE on this hotel because it was after spring break and before the season starts, plus it was an online last minute deal! The hotel was CLEAN which is the main thing I look for when I'm staying away from home! The front desk clerks were helpful and sweet. And besides a wonderful deal, there are coffee and cookies in the lobby at all hours!~ And we got a free breakfast to boot!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poohspal9
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about the AmericInn Traverse City. I am gladthat you foujd everything you wanted in a hotel. We are proud of the service and quality of our hotel and feel greatful that you were willing to share your experience with everyone. The last minute deals on our website are very nice I will agree. Again, thank you so much and I hope to see you back very soon to the hotel where we can welcome you to the end of the day!