“Great Value”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very friendly helpful staff. Quite, clean, very nice. Good value for cost per day. The staff couldnt do enough to help me find my way around having never been in the area before. Maps, maps, and directions were given to me. Even suggestions on interresting places to visit while in town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the AmericInn. I am so happy that you found your stay clean, quiet and a good value. It sounds like you were able to see many things due to the suggestions and directions and that is great! Our staff takes pride in our area and helping our guests visit as many things as they can so they can experience everything great about Traverse City! Thank you again and I hope that you will be able to come back very soon and visit us!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've stayed at other Americinn's as well and haven't been disappointed yet.

Our good experience started with our check-in. Everyone was very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that we were happy. They also had free cookies out at the front desk so my kids were happy as well! Another bonus is that they had coffee and many varieties of herbal tea available throughout the day in the lobby. It's rare for hotels to have a lot of caffeine free herbal teas available, so I was very happy to see the wide variety that they had. Sometimes it really is the little things.

Rooms were adequate size and clean. I loved that we were able to actually open the windows to get fresh air, something that can be surprisingly hard to find at hotels sometimes.

Breakfast had a good variety of food, everyone found something to eat.

The pool area was pretty dark at night so it may have felt colder than it actually was, but other than that, the pool was fine.

We were able to walk to the beach because there was a walkway over the busy street about a half mile down from the hotel.

The only negative about our stay is something that is totally outside of the hotel's control, but hopefully the town will hear enough complaints to finally do something about it. It was impossible to make a left turn onto 31 at any point during the day--traffic was just that horrible. At points we couldn't even get out of the parking lot at all, let alone take a left turn.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melody A
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Melody, thank you for the kind words about the AmericInn. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary coffee/tea bar and we exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in our hotel and exceeding our guests expectations when they are on vacation. It sounds like we were able to do this with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor and telling everyone about your stay. It means a lot to us when we hear about our guests stay and where they feel so happy they tell everyone else. That is such a great compliment. THANK YOU! I hope to be able to welcome you back soon to AmericInn Traverse City. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The room was clean but dark paint on walls and dark bedspread made the room gloomy. Hall was not air conditioned and rather gloomy as well. A couple of skylights would be a good addition. Located on a very fast busy 2 lane road right next to Pirates Cove including Go Carts etc. Kids/noise until 10PM. All good if you have kids to entertain . Personally will look elsewhere next trip due to price and condition .

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I am sorry to see your review of our hotel from your recent stay and that you were unhappy. The hotel was remodeled in spring of 2013 and has all new furnishings, paint, carpet, etc. I’m sorry that you felt that it was a “gloomy” room. We have received many positive comments on the new furnishings and colors. I’m sorry that you were unhappy with them. The hotel is located on US 31 North – which is a state highway. There is a lot of traffic, however there is a sidewalk to move up and down the street and an overpass just down the street to avoid crossing the street if you wanted to go over to the bay. I’m sorry that you will look elsewhere next time but hopefully you will reconsider and we would be honored to welcome you back to the AmericInn. Our staff would be happy to provide you clean rooms, superior service and a smile.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was worried when we first walked into the hotel because of the dark furnishings, carpet and hallways. However, we loved our room and stay here. Very clean, comfortable, and affordable for the area. Great breakfast and lobby area. Very satisfied.

1  Thank Ekehl

Thank you for the kind words. I’m glad we were able to exceed your expectations! The hotel was remodeled in spring 2013 with new furniture, carpet, paint, etc. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and hopefully we will see you back very soon at the AmericInn!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Located directly to Pirate's Cove and Dairy Queen. Convenient location and plenty of parking. Rooms were quiet and the breakfast was plentiful. Good selection. Would highly recommend. The staff were courteous and very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Julie, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m glad that you found the hotel great and the location exactly what you were looking for. You can’t beat being next to DQ and Pirates Cove in my opinion! Lots to do just outside the hotel door! Thank you for “highly recommending” us and our service. I am so happy we were able to have you stay and hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I initially booked this hotel because of the low price compared to other hotels in the area, so I had low expectations. However, the hotel was fantastic. Great lobby, good breakfast, huge comfortable room with an amazing jacuzzi tub. Close to the beach, downtown, and anywhere you want to go in TC.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you so much for your kind review Kate. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff works hard to ensure all our guests have a great vacation and bring back special memories from their time in Traverse City. I love that we were able to be part of your “great surprise” Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon to the AmericInn!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

A friend and I stayed 3 nights in a 2 Queen room and all was good. Arrival at front desk was pleasent. The room was spotless, easy to access all amenities and the referigerator was ice cold. Lots of choices at breakfast, hot and cold. Pool area was clean, clean rags to dry our motorcycles and restaurant reservations made for us. Great staff, no problems and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review about the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to provide you the service that travelers expect. Our staff strives to make everyone’s vacation one to remember! Also glad that our housekeeping department was able to help you with rags to wipe down your motorcycles before exploring Traverse City after the rain! I hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon to the AmericInn!