“Perfect stay for a 3-day weekend!”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Pleasant Ridge
“Perfect stay for a 3-day weekend!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Clean and cozy hotel! Perfect for our 3-day stay. the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Ideal hotel for families with kids, As it's conveniently located next door to Pirates Cove and DQ for additional family fun! Free breakfast was perfect offering fresh bagels, toast, mini muffins, fruit, cereal, cereal bars, yogurt, biscuits and gravy and you-make waffles! Coffee station offered flavored enhancers such as caramel, hazelnut or vanilla as well a fully stocked herbed tea selection. To top it off they offered free fresh baked chocolate chunk chip cookies everyday at the front desk:). I would definitely return to this AmericInn hotel!

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Angela, thank you for your kind words about the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to make it a “perfect” stay. We feel very fortunate to be part of your vacation plans! It sounds like you had a great time with the area attractions! I hope that you are able to visit again very soon and that we will be able to help make your vacation even better! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to AmericInn!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oakville
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We paid over 600 canadian dollars for 2 nights, it simply was not worth it. The staff was not helpful when we ask for simple direction to downtown. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable when we complains staff did nothing for us.

1 Thank Chandni T
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Chandni, I am very sorry to hear of your concerns while staying at our hotel recently. I first would like to apologize if you feel the service was not up to standard. We have been fortunate to win many awards for our service and hearing this makes me very concerned you did not experience this. With downtown literally just miles from the hotel on the same road, I’m very troubled this was not communicated to you well. We have multiple maps and directions at the desk for guest convenience to help direct to many things (including the downtown area). As for the sofa bed, as we communicated during your stay, the sofa sleepers are only a year old and while they are a high quality sleeper, they are still a sleeper and are not like a normal mattress as they must be able to fold up into a sofa. I have personally checked the sleeper sofa in the room that you were in after your comments to our staff and the mattress is in new quality. Again, I am very sorry of your comments and you feeling that we were not a value to your stay. I hope that on your return visit to Traverse City that you would visit us again and let us show you our premiere hospitality!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2014

With all the expensive hotels during the summer in Traverse City, the AmericInn was a great find and value for your money. Heated pool/hot tub, good breakfast, updated rooms, nice lobby, next door to Pirate Cove, walking distance to Red Mesa. Me and my sister were there with our 2 daughters; the front desk put us in the only adjoining room on the first floor without us even having to ask. Nice touch! Would stay here again.

1 Thank Ariel W
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you Ariel for your comments regarding your stay. I’m glad that you were able to experience our renovated hotel that we completed last year and enjoy the adjacent Pirates Cove. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in town and at the hotel which we are so happy to be a part of your vacation experience. I’m glad that the hotel was also able to accommodate the adjoining rooms! I hope that on your return visit to Traverse City that you will enjoy the AmericInn Traverse City!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very friendly helpful staff. Quite, clean, very nice. Good value for cost per day. The staff couldnt do enough to help me find my way around having never been in the area before. Maps, maps, and directions were given to me. Even suggestions on interresting places to visit while in town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the AmericInn. I am so happy that you found your stay clean, quiet and a good value. It sounds like you were able to see many things due to the suggestions and directions and that is great! Our staff takes pride in our area and helping our guests visit as many things as they can so they can experience everything great about Traverse City! Thank you again and I hope that you will be able to come back very soon and visit us!
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I've stayed at other Americinn's as well and haven't been disappointed yet.

Our good experience started with our check-in. Everyone was very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that we were happy. They also had free cookies out at the front desk so my kids were happy as well! Another bonus is that they had coffee and many varieties of herbal tea available throughout the day in the lobby. It's rare for hotels to have a lot of caffeine free herbal teas available, so I was very happy to see the wide variety that they had. Sometimes it really is the little things.

Rooms were adequate size and clean. I loved that we were able to actually open the windows to get fresh air, something that can be surprisingly hard to find at hotels sometimes.

Breakfast had a good variety of food, everyone found something to eat.

The pool area was pretty dark at night so it may have felt colder than it actually was, but other than that, the pool was fine.

We were able to walk to the beach because there was a walkway over the busy street about a half mile down from the hotel.

The only negative about our stay is something that is totally outside of the hotel's control, but hopefully the town will hear enough complaints to finally do something about it. It was impossible to make a left turn onto 31 at any point during the day--traffic was just that horrible. At points we couldn't even get out of the parking lot at all, let alone take a left turn.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melody A
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Melody, thank you for the kind words about the AmericInn. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary coffee/tea bar and we exceeded your expectations. We take great pride in our hotel and exceeding our guests expectations when they are on vacation. It sounds like we were able to do this with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor and telling everyone about your stay. It means a lot to us when we hear about our guests stay and where they feel so happy they tell everyone else. That is such a great compliment. THANK YOU! I hope to be able to welcome you back soon to AmericInn Traverse City. Safe Travels!
Amherst, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The room was clean but dark paint on walls and dark bedspread made the room gloomy. Hall was not air conditioned and rather gloomy as well. A couple of skylights would be a good addition. Located on a very fast busy 2 lane road right next to Pirates Cove including Go Carts etc. Kids/noise until 10PM. All good if you have kids to entertain . Personally will look elsewhere next trip due to price and condition .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I am sorry to see your review of our hotel from your recent stay and that you were unhappy. The hotel was remodeled in spring of 2013 and has all new furnishings, paint, carpet, etc. I’m sorry that you felt that it was a “gloomy” room. We have received many positive comments on the new furnishings and colors. I’m sorry that you were unhappy with them. The hotel is located on US 31 North – which is a state highway. There is a lot of traffic, however there is a sidewalk to move up and down the street and an overpass just down the street to avoid crossing the street if you wanted to go over to the bay. I’m sorry that you will look elsewhere next time but hopefully you will reconsider and we would be honored to welcome you back to the AmericInn. Our staff would be happy to provide you clean rooms, superior service and a smile.
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was worried when we first walked into the hotel because of the dark furnishings, carpet and hallways. However, we loved our room and stay here. Very clean, comfortable, and affordable for the area. Great breakfast and lobby area. Very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ekehl
Thank you for the kind words. I’m glad we were able to exceed your expectations! The hotel was remodeled in spring 2013 with new furniture, carpet, paint, etc. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and hopefully we will see you back very soon at the AmericInn!