I've been to Traverse City many times, but this was the first time staying at the Bayshore. My initial reaction was that it was not nearly as nice as I had expected or hoped. This is definitely a three star hotel, no more, no less. We did get an unbelievably low rate in February, so no complaints there. The room was large (I think we had a handicapped room), but the appointments were very dated and worn. The bathroom towels may have been the thinest, hardest, scratchiest towels I've ever had the displeasure of using in a hotel. Same for the sheets, bed, and pillows. If the Bayshore updated these items, might be a four star place. Pool is nice, but generally going to be packed with screaming kids on the weekends. We were there in February, so couldn't enjoy the beach, but it seems like it would be very nice. The Bayshore is also close to downtown, so you could walk it in nice weather. Not in February though. Staff was mostly friendly, except for the young lady who checked us in. She had a bit of an attitude and actually made us feel a little bad for getting such a good rate. I used the exercise room, and it was pretty nice. On Thursday night, it was quiet in the evening and night. On Friday, it was packed with kids running up and down the halls, slamming room doors, and jumping on the beds. Hockey tournament I think. The breakfast is pretty typical. Not good by any stretch of the imagination, but good sustenance for kids and families. They had a machine that made pancakes, so I had to give that a try. Cool machine, but the pancakes were thin and a little chewy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are ready for a romantic relaxing getaway or simply enthusiastically wanting to indulge your sense of adventure, you can do it here at Bayshore Resort! Our Victorian style hotel is nestled on the beach of West Grand Traverse Bay and offers the best of all you love about Traverse City - a great waterfront location and a short stroll away from downtown with its diverse dining, shopping, and nightlife. Bayshore Resort has the perfect room to fit the specific needs of every guest from amazing views to Spa Rooms, Suites, and more! Our complimentary Wi-Fi makes it convenient to mix business with pleasure. Join us every morning for a fresh, complimentary breakfast before spending the day on our private beach, taking a swim in the large indoor pool, or venturing out to explore the charming shops and restaurants that the area has to offer. Taking a day trip couldn’t be easier as it is only a short drive to the area’s elegant wineries, exciting casinos and exceptional Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bayshore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayshore Hotel Traverse City
- Bayshore Resort Traverse City
- Bayshore Traverse City