“Excellent food and atmosphere--not noisy even when crowded”
Review of Fratello's - CLOSED

Fratello's
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Excellent food and atmosphere--not noisy even when crowded”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We have family in this area and went for a Christmas gathering dinner. I hadn't been there in several years, before I became gluten free. While everyone else enjoyed their wonderful bread and pasta, I was accomodated when the chef made me veal piccata without the breading--yummm. Everyone was very happy with their meal, and they also had a nice Saturday night steak and shrimp special. Family said the perch special early in the week is worth it as well. We were only the third table there for the evening, but within an hour, the place was packed, including a separate banquet room. I never even noticed the noise, and I am usually senstive to that. Hooray for no TV's too--a dinner atmosphere, not techno overload. Nice to go to a family run business that has traditional plus contemporary menu choices. Our server was very attentive, and they all work together as a team to be sure your needs are not neglected. (PS. Other family rave about their Sunday Brunch)

• Visited December 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“One of the best”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great service, good quality food, very cosy and family atmosphere, the bread they serve is one of a kind. try it if you are town. I enjoy their Primerib specials on wednesdayand their Salmon filet...

Visited August 2013
“Impressed”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My nephew and his lovely bride had their wedding reception at Fratello's. I was very impressed..one of the nicest dinner for 75 guests that I have ever attended! Seating was 3 long tables in room seperate from their restaraunt trade. Appetizers and drinks plentiful. The house Italion red wine delicious. Buffet dinner hot, fresh and replenished between each table being served. I cannot say enough about the wait staff..the beautiful long dark haired gal efficient and kept all on track. That girl is a worker! If I lived closer, I have no doubt that Fratello's would be a favorite. And if I had a special event, I would have no hesitation in choosing this old world, upscale establishment. I was impressed from the moment of entering and the quality and professional staff kept me impressed. It really was that nice!

• Visited October 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Failing restaraunt”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is clearly a sign of a restaraunt that has been going downhill. Small portions, slow service and way overpriced for what you get.
I had a perch dinner special and the size of the fish was very small. Rice came with it and I think they used instant rice in a microwave. Another person in my group ordered prime rib and 25% of it was fat. That dinner came with a baked potato wich was way small.
I was waiting for Chef Gordon Ramsey to come walking in because they need to get back to the way they used to be.

• Visited July 2013
Michigan
“Over-priced & over-rated”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

My mom went there IN-PERSON ahead of time to make a reservation for our family holiday get-together. She has limited mobility & wanted to request a particular table. We arrived on party day & they didn't have our reservation so they crammed us into a (different) table that was clearly intended for 4-6 less people. Several of us were sitting so far into aisles that waitstaff & other customers couldn't get past without us standing up! The waitress couldn't even reach some of the group & it was nearly impossible for them to get out--a real problem since we were there for the buffet brunch! Food was mediocre--most of the hot items were barely warm. Very poor set-up: you could only serve yourself from 1 side of tables so lines for food were wrapped around into another room (the entry area)! Nothing was replenished until it was empty & we requested more. And the staff was coming around behind us & replacing food from the same side we were on... I've never seen a buffet like that before! We had poor, in-attentive service & then we were over-charged by a considerable amount! No need to ever go back... A shame, since it's only a few miles from home & we like to support local businesses!

• Visited December 2012