All reviews would definitely stay here again stayed here kitchenette closet gym desk
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Stayed here during the Woodward Dream Cruise. We were greeted with a friendly hello and some friendly chit chat. Check-in went smoothly. The rooms are clean and spacious. The indoor pool area is also very nice with comfortable seating both indoors and out.There are 2 huge outdoor gas grills that we used for two of our dinners. The hotel kept a cart inside with spices and grilling tools. There are a few tables near the grills where we were able to sit and eat. There is also a fireplace near the grills, which unfortunately we were not able to get it started.

Their customer service is second to none! Every employee we came in contact with was very friendly and accommodating. From Donna, the friendly breakfast girl, to Charlene and Aijah, the desk clerks and Renee, the GM, we were greeted warmly and with a smile every time we saw them.

The parking spaces were nice and big so that you did not have to worry about someone dinging your car door as they were opening theirs.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
ReneeH1690, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Great!. We loved having you here and we look forward to next year's Dream Cruise visit! Thank you so much.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Stayed here twice going to and from Canadian vacation. You get a mini apartment in this extended stay brand. Hotel is brand new. Get a room facing west to avoid the street noise. Breakfast very good. Room had everything you would need if you would rather cook--there is a grocery store 2 blocks west on 14 Mile. Right off I 75. After one night, they don't clean the room daily (but I only stayed one night). Who does not like new? Work out at the Powerhouse Gym 3 blocks west.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Renee H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We love that we are your "new fave"! We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Was in town for a wedding stayed here very good service and very nice rooms with small kitchens. nice location to get any where in the area you need to go, just off 75 so downtown is easy. Breakfast buffet was OK.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you choosing to stay here for the wedding. We hope to have the opportunity to provide lodging services for you I the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on a business training trip for Work and I wasn’t greeted nicely at all upon arrival. I hadn’t ever been here before and the woman simply handed me my room keys and told me to have a good day. I tried to further the conversation by asking where my room was and she looked at me like I was speaking another language. The room was nice, spacious and clean. The end of my visit ended with coming to realize the housekeepers had thrown away my receipts I was saving to be reimbursed when I got back home. They were placed nicely on the countertop not near the trash and when I returned I saw they had taken many items off the counter and thrown them away before I was ready to throw them out. I’m extremely frustrated that my belongings were thrown out without being put anywhere near the trash. I ended up finding some of the receipts in the toilet when I got back. Unimpressed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The front staff was very rude and seemed to not k ow their job. This was the most unfriendly Marriott that I have ever started at. Would definitely not stay here again. The room was comfortable and decent. The staff left quite a bit to be desired.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank grovetucky
Renee H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the front desk staff being rude to you. In this regard, I have discussed the matter you raised with my staff. Please rest assured that I have scheduled a staff meeting to review our procedures and policies in an effort to ensure that a similar situation does not occur in the future.

Again, I apologize for my staff.