“All around wonderful”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 286 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Voted “Best in Troy” by the Troy Chamber of Commerce and “Best Seafood” by Ambassador magazine, OCEAN PRIME Troy delivers an extraordinary dining experience to guests. Located at the intersection of Big Beaver Road and Coolidge Highway across from the Somerset Collection shopping center, it’s the perfect choice for cocktails, a power lunch or an indulgent dinner. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Troy an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overall wonderful experience. Sean our server was fantastic and helped us pick out our entire meal plan. Ask for him.
Oysters are great, fish for my wife and surf and turf for me - everything was perfect.
Great wine selection as well.
Definitely on our favourite list and will return.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday night. We usually eat here to treat ourselves because it is pricey. It has been a while since our last visit, this visit was not up to par. We booked our reservation through open table (first mistake). We were sat in the worst seats in the restaurant. Menus are now on tablets, which are interactive. The prices have gone up(probably to pay for the tablets). I ordered the halibut which is what I normally get when i eat here. It arrived lukewarm, all other items were very good and hot. Stoli doli's in the bar are way too expensive as well(didn't ask before ordering) but perhaps mentioning that it is $15.50 for one would be a good idea. Overall expect to spend $250 for 2 people with 2 drinks each and dinner with sides and no dessert or coffee. Won't be back.

2  Thank M R
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall our experience at Ocean Prime was great. Not to lessen my love for everything else, but my favorite thing was actually my salad, Chop-Chop Salad (I think) and of of course delicious fish. This time it was Sea Bass. We'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ate there with colleagues after arriving from Sydney. Just felt like a nice light piece of fish so went for the blackened snapper. It was perfectly cooked and served with some great garnishes. Hard to comment on other items but all my colleagues enjoyed their food and drinks on the night and the value seemed reasonable for a good restaurant.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Experience the taste of seafood or steaks that leaving you rubbing your tummy. Ocean Prime has a warm and inviting atmosphere with a well trained wait staff. I will come back for more of their mouthwatering cuisine.

Been to Ocean Prime? Share your experiences!