“Excellent Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Big Beaver between Rochester & John R
Reviewed 3 October 2013

A little bit about myself....I worked as a waiter in my college years, including the finest italian restaraunt in Scottsdale and also did a brief stint at the orginal Lelli's in Detroit.... I dined at this place last night and had an excellent meal. We had carpaccio for an appetizer, sea bass and veal chop for entrees. All were perfect. I typically do not order desserts, however i eyed the zabagione on the menu. I never order it as it is usually some super sweet, heavy concoction. The previous potions of the dinner were superb, so I asked the waiter if it was good or excellent.....I responded ..I promise will will enjoy..... He prepared it tableside, which it has to be...so the foam does not settle....I have to say, it was the best version i have ever tasted...like air, slighlty sweet...and when fiished...my stomach did not notice anything went inside.....it was so light..... The service was absolutely perfect, and i was a waiter for many years...when my wife and i were talking...he just made eye contact with us...did not interupt...This guy was a pro......the drinks were all $12 a piece...and we had 5, so the bar part was a little steep...but the specialty cocktails were special and the Pinot Grigios were very good....our bill came to around $200....I stopped going to high end places, such as Capital Grill...as the dining experiences was just not worth the price....This place was, from the ambience, service, food quality and presentation and I will return...!

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I chose this restaurant based on Hour magazines '2013' restaurant of the year. Then I read reviews. There are some bad ones but went with Hours award and wanted to check it out. My BF had planned two other couples to join us so that was a nice surprise as we walked over to the bar to have a drink before dinner. Great bar service and good drinks. He even showed us how they make the one round ice cube, which I posted pix of. Gina, the hostess was great! Very sweet and on top of her game. We were seated at a nice six top table in the dining room. Our drinks were brought over and menus handed out. We started with the Calamari, mozzarella tomatoe tower and prosciutto. I think. I told u.... Good drinks. All were very good as is the bread and butter and olive oil. My BFF and I split the chicken dish, which was very good but warm at best. We also split the Bolognese side pasta. It came to the table severely undercooked! I mean, hard and chewy. Sent it back and received a correct, hot steaming dish. Others had the veal chop which was excellent. GF Had some pasta dish and the other dish, I have no idea. Oh yeah, some got the Caesar salad. It came in a Parmesan bowl which was yummy! We ordered a bottle of Chianti which was poured thru this bottle, which I have pix of. I don't drink wine so don't know name of bottle. Berrimisu was excellent. Although our waiter was fine, nothing special. No interaction whatsoever. All in all it was a great night. As many have stated I agree that they could use some tweeking to make this rest. Worthy of the money, award and prestige. I mean, you're a high end Italian Ristorante and you serve me wayyyyyy undercooked pasta! I think the bocce ball thing is cool but it was too late to use. Probably will never be back since there are soooo many rest's to try. Again! Gina ruled!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Dined there, with good friends, last Saturday night and were delighted with the ambience, top-notch service and excellent food -- in short, everything you want in a restaurant. From oysters baked with spinach and an unforgettable cheese to the veal chop, it was amazing. Salads were super fresh and tasty, bread dipped in evoo and balsamic, and the pasta fagioli was the best I can ever remember enjoying as much. Our server, Mario, was formal but attentive without being obtrusive and took very good care of us. We have already added this to our "definitely returning" list of local eateries.

1  Thank Tizzywolfe
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My girlfriends and I dined at Tre Monti and we all said the same thing - disappointed with our main entrees for the price paid. We sat outside on the patio which is beautiful and enjoyed the setting very much. The service was very good and expect to enjoy your "dining experience" and not to be rushed which was appreciated. The appetizer was excellent and the best part of the meal. Two of our entrees - veal and rack of lamb - were not seasoned well and lacked flavor. The third entree was sea bass which was very good, but our waiter did not do a good job de-boning the fish and due to this it was difficult to enjoy. My friends had dessert - vanilla pastry filled cookie and chocolate lava cake - and again were not impressed. If you order coffee after dinner, be sure to inquire what kind of coffee they have or you may end up paying more for pressed coffee in lieu of the American coffee.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Tried this place with another couple. Very attractive inside and service was good. But we just didn't care for the way the food was prepared.