“Excellent food and service”

Tre Monti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Tre Monti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #162 of 276 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Big Beaver between Rochester & John R
Washington, Michigan
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We just had a party with 35 guests at TreMonti, food, service and atmosphere was excellent! I really enjoyed the veal served on spinach in puff pastry, excellent. Everyone in our. Party enjoyed their selection as well. Great place for great meal!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rik D

Ann Arbor, MI
“Two but not 3 montis”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Driving to this Restaurant of the Year (2012) awarded venue, we expected an exciting meal. Our first impression of the massive faux castle exterior was "What? Are we in New Jersey?" Tony Soprano would have felt comfortable. Inside there was a welcome fire burning in the front room and a large dining room beyond with tables well spaced. We elected to try four primi as starters. The zuppa de vongole was spicy and assertive, the lasagne verde Bolongese melted in your mouth, but the strozziopeli and veal/spinach crespeli were disappointing. My branzino with basil oil was perfectly moist and well executed but nothing spectacular. One of our party raved about the salmon done rare with a honey glaze and the scallopini was pronounced very good. Perhaps the best main was a veal chop and it WAS spectacular. Dessert was ordinary and a disappointment.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank KaryL
Detroit, Michigan
“American Italian”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Hour Detroit may have given it a big kiss, but this place is a big disappointment. It's got ambiance. It has an excellent staff. The problem is the food--heavy, over seasoned, showy. Here's what was good. A carpaccio with quail egg, truffle oil, shaved parmigiano. Just delicious. Potato leek soup. Wonderful. Then lasagna verde. So red. All that tomato. Served in a deep bowl making it difficult to eat. Fifty yards from the restaurant is the San Marino Social Club, where there are easily 100 women who make lasagna verde, real lasagna verde coming from the Romangnolo tradition. Tre Monti, go to school. Serve the real thing. Finally, we had branzino with spaghetti squash (saturated in oil) and a whipped potato (was that bacon I tasted?). All together, for all that money, it was all just very disappointing.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RickB_11
Michigan
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

A little bit about myself....I worked as a waiter in my college years, including the finest italian restaraunt in Scottsdale and also did a brief stint at the orginal Lelli's in Detroit.... I dined at this place last night and had an excellent meal. We had carpaccio for an appetizer, sea bass and veal chop for entrees. All were perfect. I typically do not order desserts, however i eyed the zabagione on the menu. I never order it as it is usually some super sweet, heavy concoction. The previous potions of the dinner were superb, so I asked the waiter if it was good or excellent.....I responded ..I promise will will enjoy..... He prepared it tableside, which it has to be...so the foam does not settle....I have to say, it was the best version i have ever tasted...like air, slighlty sweet...and when fiished...my stomach did not notice anything went inside.....it was so light..... The service was absolutely perfect, and i was a waiter for many years...when my wife and i were talking...he just made eye contact with us...did not interupt...This guy was a pro......the drinks were all $12 a piece...and we had 5, so the bar part was a little steep...but the specialty cocktails were special and the Pinot Grigios were very good....our bill came to around $200....I stopped going to high end places, such as Capital Grill...as the dining experiences was just not worth the price....This place was, from the ambience, service, food quality and presentation and I will return...!

• Visited October 2013
MI
“50th Birthday dinner”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I chose this restaurant based on Hour magazines '2013' restaurant of the year. Then I read reviews. There are some bad ones but went with Hours award and wanted to check it out. My BF had planned two other couples to join us so that was a nice surprise as we walked over to the bar to have a drink before dinner. Great bar service and good drinks. He even showed us how they make the one round ice cube, which I posted pix of. Gina, the hostess was great! Very sweet and on top of her game. We were seated at a nice six top table in the dining room. Our drinks were brought over and menus handed out. We started with the Calamari, mozzarella tomatoe tower and prosciutto. I think. I told u.... Good drinks. All were very good as is the bread and butter and olive oil. My BFF and I split the chicken dish, which was very good but warm at best. We also split the Bolognese side pasta. It came to the table severely undercooked! I mean, hard and chewy. Sent it back and received a correct, hot steaming dish. Others had the veal chop which was excellent. GF Had some pasta dish and the other dish, I have no idea. Oh yeah, some got the Caesar salad. It came in a Parmesan bowl which was yummy! We ordered a bottle of Chianti which was poured thru this bottle, which I have pix of. I don't drink wine so don't know name of bottle. Berrimisu was excellent. Although our waiter was fine, nothing special. No interaction whatsoever. All in all it was a great night. As many have stated I agree that they could use some tweeking to make this rest. Worthy of the money, award and prestige. I mean, you're a high end Italian Ristorante and you serve me wayyyyyy undercooked pasta! I think the bocce ball thing is cool but it was too late to use. Probably will never be back since there are soooo many rest's to try. Again! Gina ruled!

• Visited September 2013

Been to Tre Monti Ristorante? Share your experiences!