“Great Steak!!”

Morton's The Steakhouse - Troy
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Troy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 278 Restaurants in Troy
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Madison Heights, Michigan, United States
“Great Steak!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We took my mother in law here for her birthday dinner. The staff was very nice. Our waitress was so nice to. This was my first time having dinner there, I would for sure go back again. They gave us menus to keep that had the date on it and said Happy Birthday from Morton's Steak House. They also took our picture and they put it in a little card. I thought it was very sweet. The food was so yummy and dessert good to!

Visited April 2014

Erie, Colorado
“A GREAT STEAK”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

took our family to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Even our 6 year old grandson loved his sliders, but the filets, ribeyes, and shrimp alexanders were fabulous. Even had a wine made esopecially for Morton's called Chappellet, which was well priced and wonderful. Great service. A wonderful evening.

Visited May 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my first visit to Morton's. It was crowded, so I was unable to get a table, so I opted for the bar area. It was a really nice bar. I grab a seat at the bar. The server was great. Nothing adds to a good meal more than great service. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• Visited March 2014
Detroit
“Constant Quality”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have dined at 7 different Morton's including the original Chicago location at least 6 times. They do a great job of maintaining the level of service and quality of product. This visit reinforces my feelings. I like to visit independent restaurants when possible that are highly recommended, but if you are uncertain and a Morton's is available it seems to be a safe and excellent choice.

• Visited March 2014
Sarnia, Canada
“Forced cordiality”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My trip to Morton's was both an unexpected and odd experience; a visiting friend really wanted to go, but had forgotten I am vegetarian. No big deal, as I'm used to having the discussions with waiters about what can they rustle up that's perhaps not on the menu. But two things struck me about the place I'd like to share with you:

The place did look good, well laid out, plenty of staff on hand etc, but the thing I noticed from all the staff was a sense of forced cordiality and a heavy accent on following a tight script, but a lack of genuine pride or pleasure in the roles they were doing that you often do find in great restaurants.

Secondly, when I had "the conversation" with our waiter about vegetarian options and I suggested a basic omelette I was told that they (with the huge well staffed kitchen) couldn't do it. Made me wonder if all the dishes came to them like airline food ready to microwave! Waiting 15 minutes for a decaf coffee also seems a little long.

Seems odd that a place apparently priding itself on service, should be so inflexible and mirthless.

• Visited January 2014