“Disappointing”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Lake Ann, MI
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I have used the Met Troy several times recently as it is very near the offices of the surgeon I have been seeing. I have found that the spacious and tastefully decoated lobby does not indicate room quality or cleanliness. My last two visits were notable due to the yucky mold smell that permeated the bathroom from the shower curtain. As this is something easily dealt with using chlorine bleach there really is no excuse. On my last stay the room had apparently been a party room, and there was evidence of someone having been sick to his stomach on the bedroom carpet. They were far from full that night, and that room should not have been used without steam-cleaning the carpet first. Yes, I could have asked for another room, but my companion didn't feel up to making a move.
Also, if you arrive late in the evening there is virtually nowhere to eat without having to go back to the interstate and hitting the Joselyn Rd exit. Morton's Steakhouse is nearby, but is extremely pricey.
The hotel does now offer a complementary continental breakfast, but it is extremely limited. The coffe was good, though!
They do offer WiFi, which is easy to use.
The ice machine on the first floor was out of order.

Room Tip: I haven't found a good room there, yet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen M
boxer1724, Owner at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed by our property. Our managers are working hard to improve upon the aspects of our property that have fallen short of our standards in the past few months. Improving our housekeeping department is is a high priority for us and we hope we can have you back to show you the results of these improvements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Farmington, Michigan
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The hotel itself was eerie because it is so expansive, yet nearly deserted. The advertised on-site restaurant and lounge is apparently no longer open. Our room also lacked a coffee maker, which, according to the website, hotel rooms have. The front desk wasn't aware that they had been removed three months ago because of "insurance reasons". Strange that were removed; stranger that the staff isn't aware.

The staff seemed sluggish; our room was dusty and lacked enough towels for our party; the pool area lacked towels as well. Even though our room was dusty, it didn't feel dirty though.

We were looking forward to the pool, but it was disappointing. It is a nice fitness area, with weight room and a spacious pool area. However, the pool area was 63 degrees. The thermostat was set for 71, but there obviously wasn't any heat, and no one around to ensure that there was heat.

If we hadn't had a Groupon for the MET, we would've paid too much.

Room Tip: A balcony is nice in warmer months.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kOps210
boxer1724, Owner at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
I want to apologize for your less than exceptional stay here at The MET. We now have a new team of managers who are working hard to bring our facility back up to the standard that our guests deserve. We really value your feedback and would love to have the opportunity to change your mind regarding our property. If you have plans to stay at our hotel in the future, we would love to upgrade you to a suite, and give you a memorable experience here at The MET.

Travellers are raving about these Troy hotels

Bronxville, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Two years ago I happened by chance to book myself in the Met Hotel in Troy Michigan. I was pleasently surprised by the large comfortable room and the profession curtious staff. They also have a great fitness room and indoor poor. The location is perfect for anyone with business or family events in the Detroit metro area. I have since gone back 3 times and have not been disappointed.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
boxer1724, Owner at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
We are so happy that you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel. We strive to offer impeccable service to all of our guests and I am happy to know that you have become a repeat customer. Thank you for your review, and I hope to see you again at The MET soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Our family and friends stayed here for our family wedding, unfortunately the ownership changed after the bride and groom booked the block of rooms, and so the service was not what was promised. Card keys constantly had to be reactivated at the front desk and the hotel is very, very long. Wear your walking shoes! Luckily there is parking throughout the hotel so you can park closer to an entrance/exit near your room. Coffee was non existent in the mornings, staff was friendly-but clearly stressed out due to the lack of help they had. I never saw the bar or restaurant open. Major plus, THE BEDS! One of the most comfortable beds I've slept on!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
windsor, Ontario
Reviewed 28 September 2011

fast check in had 2 reservations for 2 ppl had to tell them no 1 room for 2 ppl changed no problem breakfast was a joke no toaster cold bagels ran out of coffee cups only plastic think because of groupon as read before last room on floor which is quite a walk room nice good bed asked for balcony didnt get it 2nd floor think maybe 10 rooms without balcony i got 1 of those think again because of groupon

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This place wasn't awful but it was close. It's a tired old place that needs a lot of renovation. The staff wasn't rude to me but they were not well trained. I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank etatk
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 September 2011

If I could give this place 0 stars I would. I've stayed here about 3 times in the last year and the customer service is severely lacking and the front desk employees as well as the managers on staff are Rude. Oh, and your stuff will get STOLEN. Only an hour after I'd checked out, I realized I'd left my (expensive) sunglasses on the bedside and quickly called so I could go back and retrieve them. After being given the run-around for 2 weeks, housekeeping and hotel staff claimed 'nothing' hadn't turned up. I will never go here again and recommend taking your business elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple