The Met Troy
US$158
US$174
US$130
US$104
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$54
Red Roof
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
US$152
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We really enjoyed the pool, but this is not a 3 1/2 out of 5 as Expedia would have you believe. This isn't necessarily the fault of the hotel. Per Expedia 3 1/2 stars would be much like a Marriott or embassy suites, let me assure you this is not the case. I got a fantastic rate of $53 per night and at that price I'm okay with the MET, but my expectations were much higher than what I received. The halls were freezing cold and after a dip in the pool with my son it was a frigid trek back to the room. The bed was uncomfortable, the furniture was old and the carpet was stained and coming unglued. I am not a snob, I've stayed in much worse and enjoyed it just fine, but when you're expecting Marriott and you get MET, it is disappointing. The hotel is very large, I can't imagine the cost to update it, but if it were updated it is a great location for a weekend of shopping.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

I'm sorry to hear that your stay at The MET didn't quite meet expectations. We are taking your comments into account so that we can continue to improve our property. Feedback like yours is helping us stay on track and helping us to identify where we need to make improvements. In the future, we will make sure that the heating better fits the needs of our guests to assure that we make your stay completely enjoyable. Thank you for your response

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Used a Groupon to shop in this area. Great deal to stay at this hotel and gave my husband and I a chance to get away.. Adam at the front desk was great. Someone had smoked in the room we were first given (I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke), and Adam cheerfully moved us to another one. Bed was great, some of the best pillows at a hotel I've ever had. Drapes totally blocked out the sun and we slept in! Hotel & Rooms were well decorated. We enjoyed using the workout room. Couldn't figure out how to turn on the TV's on the elliptical machines however, but NBD. Saw a few families with small children having fun, but never heard anything at night. This is the best deal in the area. I am sure as others figure this out and the place gets busier, they will increase the continental breakfast, but it gave us a little snack before we went to Recipes just down the street. Would we go back. Absolutely

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thank you for your review of The MET Hotel. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We hope to see you again soon upon your next visit to the Troy area!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I used our Groupon for a January getaway at The Met and found our stay to be most enjoyable. We only had one problem in that the heater did not work and we were moved to another room immediately. The staff was friendly, the room was nicely decorated and comfortable and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Thank you for your review of The MET Hotel. I am so happy to hear that you were so happy with your stay at our property. We have shared your response with the rest of our team and everyone is glad to know we made another guest happy. We hope to see you again soon at The MET!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We went to the MET Troy for a 2 family mini vacation so the kids could swim and enjoy the sauna. Really liked the hotel and would go again for the swimming; since we live in town. It was a quiet weekend so we kinda had the run of the place. One of the ballrooms made due as gym for the kids too. What a hoot. I do wish the pool had been just a bit warmer, the kids didn't mind.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
MichaelWitoszynski, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you for choosing The MET for your family's "mini vacation." and for taking the time to share your review with us. Guest feedback really helps us stay on track and shows us where we can continually improve our hotel. We will be looking into the heating mechanisms of our heated pool to assure that the temperature stays at a level that pleases all of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I travel several days a week and have stayed at almost every brand. This hotel was originally a Hilton and the decor and appointments support that.The bedding was top quality,rooms are huge the service so friendly and warm. The pool was very nice and the workout room more than adequate.
Location,location,location! Right off the freeway 20 minutes from Downtown,five minutes from Somerset Mall, and tons of restaurants.
The building has seen better days but the new owners are really trying. There is no room service but a nice continental breakfast is provided. Tea and coffee available 24hrs in the lobby. Clerks at the front desk are very professional. Cleaning people were great. I have at this point stayed over 20 times and service has been a consistent high quality.
Never fully booked but could and should be based on value alone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review. It is great to know that the new policies and procedures that we have put in place are showing positive results and making guests like you happy with our establishment. We hope to have you again soon!