“General Manager was smoking in the lobby”
Review of The Met Troy

and 1 more site!
The Met Troy
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Went there for an event and saw the GM smoking in the lobby area, which the hotel is supposed to be non smoking. He was having a conversation about another company who was having a meeting at the same hotel and he was cursing about having the company there, not very professional to do that out in public where other guests can hear your conversation.
He should set the standard for his staff and the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

At check-in I had trouble speaking with the front desk due to employees virtually yelling to each other right beside me.
The bed was decent. I'll give them that.
Upon waking I went to wash my face in cold water - none! Both sides of the faucet were hot water. When I couldn't find the coffee pot I tried to call the front desk, but the in-room phone wouldn't call it. I used my cell phone to call and was told there was no room in-room coffee.
I asked how to get cold water and was told to use the lobby restroom.
No microwave. No refrigerator.
At least I would get a hot shower. Wrong! The shower wasn't as hot as the faucet.
Putting this place on my 'try to avoid' list.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank PaladinHammond
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I went through hotel.com to stay at this hotel. After leaving on Sunday, I saw that I had charges pending on my account, when it posted I called them and let them know that my account has been charged and talked to manager, and he said he would call me back and never called me back. When I called back the following day, he wasn't there and the person answering the phone told me to call back in an hour! I'm just going to go through my bank and file a dispute, but the simple fact the manager didn't call me back! Issue now will take 30 days! Never Again will I stay there!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ShalaMarie
Reviewed 23 March 2013

WAs with large group of PARROT HEAD get together. First was given door keys 2 times. As was with many from the group. One particular room had to have holes drilled in the door, because even management could'nt get in after they put things in room. They were told to get their things together and had to move to another room. Again the next day, it happened to the room they were transferred to. They were told to get their things together and move to another room Not once did they help them move their things. They said they were not going to pay for their room, the manager informed them they would pay and did'nt even take anything off their bill. My room the toilet took forever to fill. Was told st 8:00p.m. it would be fixed. When returned to my room at midnight it wss not fixed. Had to go all around the hotel to try and find someone. No one could be found at the front desk and no one would answer the phone. Finally one hour later, my toilet was fixed by a not real nice guy. Saturday at about 2:30 am the fire alarms went off and it took 35 minutes for someone to shut it off. When I checked in, I paid for one night in cash and wanted one night put on my charge. I kept asking the clerk about this and he said he had to run my card snd I could pay half of the total. I asked if he was sure he only put one noght on my charge and he said everything was rigjt. Well, I got my credit card bill, I was charged for two nights. Have been calling the Met, but am always told no one is there to take it off my bill. I will never return

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I do not rate hotels that bad, but this place is a dump. First of all, the carpet in my room is torn up pretty bad; I made sure to take pictures to make sure I wasn't charged. Every time someone flushes a toilet you hear it. Completely awful. It's totally outdated, the appliances in the room are awful and they barely work. I can't seem to get the air/heat to be consistent, it'll be too hot one minute, you turn the knob a tad, and then it's too cold. The worst of all is that it's 3:00 am and the fire alarm has been going off for about an hour now. It'll stop for about 5 second and then start up again. It's absolutely horrible. Just skip over this hotel and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here; that's how you get a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2013

So my friend recommended this place to me as a "budget friendly" hotel. We arrived late in the evening around 11:45pm to 12:30am, like many other reviews....the lot was empty! There were a couple of staff members smoking outside and greeted me as I went in to "check in". Things went smooth, and we (wife and daughter) started the long walk to near the end of the hallway to our room. The room was basic with everything we needed and I had no complaints. About two hours into my sleep, I was woke up for no specific reason and looked towards the front door and saw the light from the "peep hole" moving sporadically! My eyes may have been playing tricks on me...so I blinked hard a few times and saw the same thing....opened the lights to the room and it went away. Now I'm not saying "anything", but I'm never staying there again.

Other than that....I didn't have any other problems and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2013

When pulling up to this hotel as mentioned by another user it looked empty. It is a large complex with banquet facilities and has a huge parking lot to accommodate. The hotel is a former Ramada Plaza hotel and has a indoor pool. The beds were comfortable pillow tops, which appeared to be fairly new. The decor of the rooms is a bit dated but seems to be kept in decent condition. (Remember this hotel is rated 2.5 - 3 stars and lived up to the rating) The only complaint about the room other than the old tube tv which had trouble receiving some of the channels was it could have been just a bit cleaner. (Fingerprints on the doors, light switches etc as well as a spot on the carpet that could have easily been cleaned.) The continental breakfast was not so great. It's served in the area which was formerly the Ramada's in house restaurant which has all of the facilities to prepare a decent breakfast, however they only serve pre made store bought goods. (Small muffins, bread etc).
Overall it was a good stay and the rate I got was unbeatable for the area. The property has lots of potential and I hope it can get back to what I assume it once was. I would defiantly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family