“Surprised”
Review of The Met Troy

The Met Troy
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We are at day one of our 3 day stay. Got a real good deal on hotwire and read reviews so i was a little worried.

But the room is clean, the people are nice. The breakfast is more than a so called carb fest. There are hard boiled eggs and they do make waffles (yes carbs), had fruit, yogurt even though it was a bowl of plain, and oatmeal. For a cont. breakfast it had all the normal things exceipt some places have omlettes but i have seen worse.

Our air went out briefly in middle of night but after playing with it,
Is now working and they are sending down maint to look at it and move us if needed.

Yes the hotel could use a update but the carpet is clean and doesnt look worn. No smell on floor 1, still need to check out the rest of the floors. The pool is clean and doesnt have a strong clorene smell. No sign of bed bugs in our room and they keep the place clean. Its before 10a and i see housekeeping on our floor. With the few people staying here, it shouldnt take long to housekeep.

It is ovious that the money maker here is conventions, they had one last night and another this morning already. The room portion is 2nd priority but they dont treat it like a 2nd priority.

Weight room looks nice, will try it out later today. Warning this hotel is a half circle shape and if you get a room near the end you will get your walk in!

For the price i would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed there for two nights. Several guests in our group got bit by bed bugs. They even saw live bugs in the rooms. the management keeps saying they do not have bed bugs. Also very poor service. .Did not clean rooms next day. No towels next day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank RCWoodridge
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I went into my stay at this hotel with my guard up based on previous reviews.

I have to say, for the price (found on Hotwire), I think it delivered. It's right near I-75. It's located in an industrial park, so no amenities nearby. Our check in was smooth. We came at 2:15 (check in is at 3) and were told the only rooms they had ready were on the first floor. We walked a good 5 minutes to get to our room.

The room itself was quite large, but clearly dated. The tv is a tube tv. The door to the washroom opens inwards, restricting space. The blinds didn't pull all the way in, so we had to improvise and tuck the curtain behind the chair to hold it in place. The beds (twin) were actually quite comfortable, with clean, soft sheets. The walls were pretty thin, but luckily we had nice neighbours.

The wi-fi was spotty at best (hotspot which only allowed so many logged in). The continental breakfast was sparse...some muffins, mini bagels, coffee, tea, and the room itself was quite messy.

Overall, for my purposes of a brief, one night stay, I'd say it was fine. Would I pay rack rate for it? Absolutely not.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I was walking to elevator and hear the gm manager yelling at his employees..not just yelling but swearing at them..like (shut the @!## up), (I dont give a #$@!) I was so disapointed to have heard that..LATER on that day seen gm manager pacing back n forth..honestly walk right by him n the alchol and ciggarett smell was unbearable.. At first i wasnt sure who he was so i asked front desk and she sadly whispered.."that our GM" I was def shooked.. over all the rooms were ok,pretty cleaned, there employees were extreamly nice n helpful..the issue by far is the GM. MAY GOD HELP THOSE EMPLOYEES..

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Used to stay here when it was the Northfield Hilton. First time back in 15 years. It has sunk a long way since then. My room was clean. WiFi was spotty. Cable tv was poor. in Detroit suburbs and i couldn't get the Red Wings/Blachhawks game on tv. Did not visit the restaurant or the bar. For the Th, Fri & Sat night stay, it appeared that there were only about 10 other guests in the entire place. Clearly this property needs some new life (and investment) breathed into it

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

just finished a 5 day stay.....not a bad place for the price BUT....many improvements needed. For starters, the continental breakfast is a joke...It is a carb feast and if you come down 30 minutes before it ends, there is barely anything left. They don't make it appetizing or even appealing to the eye. The grounds are full of weeds, which is a shame because it could be a beautiful place. On the 2nd floor, coming out of the elevator, is a mildew smell that never went away. The room, however wasn't bad...comfortable bed and a small, clean bathroom. Housekeeping needs some improvement....room wasn't cleaned until well after 3pm and I only had 2 towels and one day, the plastic glasses weren't replaced and I didn't have a bathmat. I know this review doesn't sound good but the improvements needed are easy to fix. I am not sure I would stay here again but like I said, "Not bad for the price"

Room Tip: I got this hotel by booking on hotwire.com, so it was chosen for me....This is supposed to be a 3 st...