“safety”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Detroit, Michigan
“safety”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Myself & my daughter were in a domestic situation from an ex. The staff at Met hotel made sure we were safe at all times. They listed our stay as non existence if someone might of got wind & called there trying to track us. They also honored their online price to us the whole time that we were in need to stay there which was great & affordable for us. It's a pleasure to have been surrounded by staff who cared & provided safety to a single mom in need.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were great we stayed in multiple rooms just for the fun of it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank carmen d
metManager48098, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Hello Carmen,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Met Hotel and also taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm sorry to hear about your personal situation, but glad to hear that we were able to help make you feel a little safer. Please feel free to contact me or any member of our staff if there is anything that we can do for you either now or in the future.

Ernie Backalar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 March 2014

While not the most central location, The Met was close to I 75, making it easy to get around. I choose this property because of the room rate and the fact that it included a light breakfast. It was also convenient to a major freeway. While The Met is in need of an update, the room I had was large and I found the bed comfortable. There were things that I felt were worn and in need of replacement. Considering the rate and what they had to offer, I thought you got good value for the money.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the check in area, which is near the breakfast room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
metManager48098, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hello Motown Guy,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Met Hotel during your recent visit to Troy. I appreciate you taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review and am glad that you found our hotel to be of good value. Many of the items that you mentioned will be addressed during our upcoming renovation. I hope to meet you during one of your next trips to the area. Thank you again for your time and business. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 December 2013

As others have said it is dated, but it was decent for a one night business trip. The King Size bed was comfortable with good pillows. Our office is close by so the location was perfect for the one night but if I had to spend more than a night in Troy I would look at other options close to Big Beaver Rd and Rochester as the Met does not have a restaurant/ bar attached and is a few miles from the retail/ restaurant part of town.

That being said the staff were very helpful and for a one night visit the price was right.

Room Tip: Get a couple of keys made, the hotel is flat and long, so it is quite a hike to go back to the lobby...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul T
metManager48098, General Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hello Paul,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Met Hotel during your recent visit to Troy. I appreciate you taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review and am glad that you found our beds to be very comfortable. We have recently opened up two new restaurants inside our hotel. The Epic Café serves breakfast and lunch daily. We are also proud to announce that Northern Lakes Seafood is open for a delicious dinner daily starting at 5pm with happy hour starting at 3pm on weekdays. Along with the two restaurants, we also offer room service.

Paul, thank you again for your time and business. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The outside of the hotel look very nice and cool thinking its gonna be nice beautiful rooms wrong The room smelled like someone took a dump why don't they have flat screen it was stains on the sofa most of the Chanel's on my tv didn't work never again maybe when they update it

• Stayed November 2013
Hello Vickey,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Met Hotel during one of your past visits to Troy. I also appreciate you taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review regarding your stay. I'm glad that you liked the outside look of our hotel and appreciate your feedback regarding your room experience. We are currently in the process of planning our upcoming renovation that is scheduled to start this spring. I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Thank you again.

Ernie Backalar

Travellers are raving about these Troy hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

First off it is very easy to find, check in was smooth. Got to the room and it had a comfortable king size bed, room was dim, bathroom was small but overall a decent room. I would stay here again for a business trip by myself but not for vacation

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
metManager48098, Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Thank you for your comments, we use all guest feedback to grow our team
Regards
NY
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is an old hotel that was probably once very nice. It needs some serious updating. My room was big, but you can tell it was heavily used. Lighting is dim, especially bathroom lighting. NO COFFEE POTS IN ANY ROOM!!! I asked at the front desk. Everyone was polite at the hotel. It is a very large place, so don't forget anything when you leave your room. My key didn't work when I returned from work, I had to walk all the way to the front desk to get a new key. It doesn't sound like much, but when you're still on PST time and worked all day, that walk can seem like a long time. Would be a great place to stay if it were updated and brightened up a bit

Room Tip: pay a little more, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business