“Good and Bad”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Livonia, Michigan
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I'm here right now, the room is great, furnished nicely, unfortunately they have old style T.V.'s ... c'mon, everyone has flat screens now! (The first room we were in had a flood in the bathroom so we switched rooms) I especially love the comfort of the bed, and having a balcony (which hardly exist in Michigan hotels). The bathroom is very small compared to the size of the room. Also there is not enough furniture and seating for the size of the room. The drawers in the furniture are filled with crumbs from previous clients. No mini fridge or microwave, which is lame if you want to bring left overs home for the next day. The coffee in the room is horrible, and the liquid cream is sitting out (who knows for how long). Friendly staff, and hotel is generally well maintained. Don't take the side elevator, next to stairwell #4, the plywood in the bottom of the elevator is deteriorating and I felt like I was going to fall through it. (it makes lots of noise when you stand on the rotting plywood). This hotel is far from restaurants, fast food, and pharmacies, no pizza joints deliver here. (It does have 2 restaurants here, however, last night one was closed and the other one with the bar was totally dead, not a soul inside) It's a peaceful place in the middle of all the office buildings in Troy. I'm assuming this would be a great place for a wedding, or parties. It does have a indoor heated pool, fitness center and sauna. The pool connects to a patio outside. I would probably stay here again. They just need the simple upgrades. Otherwise carpet throughout hotel is brand new.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank kramerica21
mrmccarthy3, Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, 19 August 2010
We thank for choosing The MET Hotel while staying in Detroit. Your feedback is very important to us. We are in the process of updating our hotel and guest ammenties. Flat screen televisions are on the list!

We hope to see you again when you are in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Sterling Heights
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Check-in was easy, the room was clean and ready.
I especially liked the workout room and heated pool.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 21 February 2010

It took 50 minutes waiting in line in order to check into our room. When I complained about the wait--instead of apologizing, he said that was a typical wait for checking into a hotel--which is a lie. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes in the past few years with the previous management when I went to other conventions held there. The hallways smelled like sewage at certain points. There was stuff stuck to the ceiling and debris on the floor from the previous residents that was never taken care of while we were there. The cleaning staff did not finish making our bed--but left the comforter wadded on the floor. Other friends staying in the hotel were only given one towel the second night-- for three people.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Troy hotels

Royal Oak
Reviewed 17 February 2010

My partner and I stayed at this hotel over Valentine's Day weekend. All I can say is wow. The hotel rooms were amazing, great size, comfortable beds and fantastic amenities. The employees of the hotel were gracious, polite, professional and hospitable. The fitness center was awesome, very modern and had exactly what I needed for my daily workout routine.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ROGuy82
Miami
Reviewed 17 February 2010

The MET was a great hotel. Easy to get to from the freeway and huge rooms. the dinner at Charlies Crab was amazing! Make a reservation!

1 Thank pdmario
Rochester Hills
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I arrived at The Met Hotel on Saturday, February 6th for the Metro Michigan Women's Apparel Show. Upon arrival the hotel staff was very helpful at check-in along with helping me with my boxes. The hotel also offered in house dinning for lunch which was great and eliminated myself having to leave the hotel.
Overall i look forward to my next stay in April and really enjoyed the hotel!!

Midland, MI
Reviewed 15 February 2010

The hotel was clean, it is conveniently located and the staff was responsive and friendly. I dined in the hotel's restaurant and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity of food. I would return for business or personal travel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business