“One small problem can ruin the night”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This hotel got it 95% right. Too bad the 5% they got wrong ruined what would otherwise have been a good night's stay. Apparently, housekeeping forgot to change the sheets in my bed (either that, or housekeeping needs to wear a hairnet). There were dark hairs on both sides of the bedsheet, and it was itchy, not fresh. It was too late and I was settled in too much before I noticed this problem. My advice: check the beds here as soon as you check in, to avoid a ruined night. I took a looong shower the next morning to relieve the dirty feeling I felt. This was in one of the basic no-frills rooms with no fridge, microwave or coffeemaker. This was one of the worst priceline rooms I've stayed in, and in the future, I would not bid below 3 stars for this area.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank flintjarvis
Greg M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

We sincerely apologize for your experience. Though we are happy that we acheved 95% of your guest satisfaction, we are saddened that we missed the remaining 5%. We are dedicated in our ongoing efforts to improve our services and reduce service issues. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Greg Mahone

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Over the past 3 years, I stayed few times at this location. When you get the Superior King, you get a nice room with everything, fridge/ microwave & big desk, however, be ware that if you use the safe, then you will be charged extra. You have to ask for the dryer or other items at the front desk.
Also, if you book online, make sure the price you paid online matches the bill you get from this location. Few times when I booked a non-smoking room, they give me a smoking room, or non-smoking but smells!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We had a terrible experience with a certain hotel just down the road from the Red Roof Inn (*cough* Quality Inn *cough*). They had made our reservation for the wrong day so when we showed up to check into our hotel prior to our Friday night festivities, we had no room.

Luckily the Red Roof Inn was close by. We hurried into the lobby and were helped immediately by Monica. She was cordial, friendly, and very helpful! She found us a room right away, and got us a great deal using my AAA membership (a superior king room was only $10 more than the basic room). We paid a great price for our room. It was spacious and very clean!! and had a small refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, safe... the only thing missing was the iron/ironing board.

The rooms must have been recently renovated because the carpet, flooring, bed, furnishings, and decor all looked new.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay, the service, and the value. The location was a little off the beaten path, but it was a nice quiet area and still very close to all of the attractions (restaurants, shopping, etc.) in Troy.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mostin8
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I can't say enough good about my stay at the Red Roof Inn in Troy, Michigan! I travel frequently and had never tried the Red Roof Inn. Check-in was fast and easy. Monica, was great. She was pleasant, friendly, and made me feel right at home, She did a great job of covering all the details without a long, boring production. I swear, there wasn't one question she couldn't answer. I needed some paper plates, plastic spoons and napkins. Guess what - she had some. Needed to know where the nearest gas station and restaurants were - she made some excellent recommendations. The lobby was clean and inviting as well as the room. On top of all of this, the room was a great value. I will be returning to this area quite frequently over the next several months and am happy to know where i will be staying. Thank you Monica for everything and looking forward to seeing you again soon!.

Bernie

Room Tip: I don't think you could choose a bad room at this facility.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Staff friendly, location convenient, pets welcome, rooms comfortable. Choose the Superior King room to enjoy a larger room that includes a fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: book online through the red roof inn website for the best rates
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The room was exceptionally clean. The beds were clean and new and the room was in perfect working order. The staff was amazing! They were so friendly, easy to talk to and helped us with all our needs. I would definitely stay in this hotel again for business or family visits.

Room Tip: Top floor is great for less noise. Lower floors are great for drive up parking.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I really liked the personable guest service, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the neatness of the property. The one thing that I didn't like was that the beds were so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning,

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family