“a very good value and a good room”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Troy
northwest, Ohio
“a very good value and a good room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2008

It was a very good value and a good room. I had to be in Troy and Sterling Heights, Michigan, for meetings on 18-19 February 2008, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money for lodgings. The Red Roof Inn in Troy, Michigan cost $49 per night (plus tax). My room was clean, comfortable and surprisingly nicely decorated (bright paint, nice pictures on the wall, etc.). The room (a single) and the bathroom were small; but I was by myself, so it worked out. The heating unit worked very well, and I was not cold at all (even though it was very cold outside). The bed was comfortable; the shower worked, etc. One negative: there was no coffee maker in the room. You will have to get your coffee from one of the convenience stores nearby. (Hint: get a tall coffee the night before, so it will be there for you when you get up the next morning.) The hotel is close to the interstate, and it's within a 10 minute drive of the major offices, etc. in Troy and Sterling Heights. Also, the hotel is slightly set back from the main road, so it was *quiet.* The tv was ok, with the standard channels. There is a very good steakhouse next door. You can get a coupon for it at the hotel's front desk. I had the "steak neil" -- which was *delicious* and enough food for a hungry man's appetite. Overall, the Red Roof Inn was just right for my needs and my budget, and I am glad to recommend it.

-- John

• Stayed February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank johng3110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Southwestern Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2008

I decided to save a few bucks on a recent business trip to Troy, MI. I found this property using Expedia and Trip Advisor the day of my stay. I was a little leery about staying based on my discoveries therein.

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the property. The area was clean and pleasant. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was also pleased to see rooms for $40.00 as opposed to the $48.00 I saw on the Internet.

The room itself was virtually immaculate. It was quiet and pleasantly appointed. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean.

I've stayed at motels and hotels with as few or as many stars as folks care to give them. This, of course, was not the nicest of them all. However, I paid FORTY DOLLARS, so I was able to live with that.

Based on my experience, you can rest assured that this is an exceptional value. You can stay at the Holiday Inn right around the corner for A HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE, but if you just need a place to get a good night's sleep, stay here.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — No bar or pool
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Deluxe2k
Norwalk, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2005

Stayed at this Red Roof after attending Paul McCartney concert at the Palace in Auburn Hills, 10-15-05. Was approx 10-15 min right down the freeway (75 So).

Outside of hotel was a little aged, but our room was very nice. Appeared to have fresh paint, new carpet, and the bathroom and shower area all appeared to be very new. Oh, also new towels and bedding and pillows. They were much more comfortable than some more pricey hotels. Everything was clean. Good value for the money. (approx $53.00)

The desk clerk was very nice too.

Would stay again if we head to the Palace for another show.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank preston86
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2005

FILTHY! I booked a reservation for one of our corporate employees there based on the reviews and I must say this is the first time a tripadvisor review had ever been off the mark. Our employee checked out early and demanded another hotel. She reported spiders in the bed, moldy bathtub and a broken door lock (which is horrible considering this is an outer entry hotel).

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business