“Wont stay at and red roof again”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Troy
chicago
“Wont stay at and red roof again”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Ill start by saying I travel for business and an internet connect is required to send it document. Check In was easy. Once I entered the room I tried connecting to the internet and every time it would kick me off. I went to the office and told the front desk immediately. I didnt even touch anything in the room. She stated that the connecting might be better in another room. So I switched rooms. All I brought in was my computer to test it. Same issue although i did have another bar on connectivity. Went immediately back to the office and she said try it in there, so I brought my laptop in there with the same results. She said it looks like its running fine but it wasnt, im sure she wasnt an IT specialist because she looked at her phone and said it was connect. What a joke!!! I stated I cant stay because I need a connection otherwise I can get wriitten up at work. She said she couldnt refund me and would leave a note for the manager to contact me. I figured they would call but never did. I contacted redroof.com and they did nothing and said the hotel sent me an email for a free night in the mail but wouldnt refund me. I wasnt even at the hotel for 30 MINUTES. I have had this problem before at other hotels and never had an issue. Ended up staying at the super 8 in Sterling Heights and dint have an issue.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank maltese50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The staff and the manager are friendly and very accommodating. I booked a King room and even though they are in the process of renovating the hotel I have a room that has not yet been renovated. Well I thought it had been. The room is very clean the bathroom is very clean and everything works as it should, nice flat screen TV and FREE WI FI. One can’t ask for much more. Especially at the prices you pay at a Red Roof. My wife and I use Red Roofs all over the country and at this price point this hotel stands very tall I must say. If you have pets you can not go wrong with Red Roof, no extra charges and they don't look at you as if you carry a disease when you say that you have a dog or cat!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I booked 2 rooms on hotwire, so that I can have a king size and my own privacy. I got to the hotel early, and was told that hotwire assigned me 2 rooms each having 2 double beds. I said I didnt want that, and if I did, 1 room could have done that. Then I asked if they have king size rooms available, and was told they have them, but because it was booked online, they cant change it. They claim they couldnt change it because "the computer locks in a specific room". What kind of BS is that? I would understand if they didnt have any kings available, but to be told they have and couldnt do it, well, that was strike #1. Then I get out of the shower, with wet hair, and start looking for a hair dryer, again instant disappointment. I look everywhere, and call the front desk, and was told "we have hair dryers in the lobby". Well, doesnt that defeat the purpose? unless they are running a hair salon in the lobby. The clerk said she would bring me one, and I quickly had to get dressed so that I wasnt seen naked. Totally unprofessional. I guess I was lucky that I didnt have to beg for toilet paper and that was fully stocked.Strike 3, 1am, the front desk knocks on my door, wakes me up and says "is everything ok?". Well it was while I was sleeping until I was rudely woken up. I dont think I would stay here again, and I probably wouldnt recommend this hotel either. You definately get what you pay for. If your looking for cheap, you found your place, but if you want to spend a few bucks more, and get something classy...book elseware.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bkl G
mparra21, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your stay with us. I must say, I was very disappointed to read of your experience with us and I can assure you, this is a rare case. We strive to provide all guests with superior service and a positive experience.

It appears there were multiple moments where there was a communication breakdown, both on Hotwire for not making it clear to you on what room type they reserved for you and for us, in not simply asking if there was a better time for them to bring the hairdryer to your room so we do not have to inconvenience you in any way. I do want to mention that my staff is fully trained and required to make courtesy calls shortly after a guest checks into the hotel to make sure we are meeting your expectations in regards to room quality and cleanliness. They are never permitted to leave the lobby to personally knock on doors. That much I can assure you. Please accept my sincerest apology for the bad experience and not going the extra mile to accommodate you in your request for a standard king room. I can only hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

On a good note, I am delighted to share with you that we are in the process of renovating our entire hotel (new flat screen TV, new mattress, fully painted rooms and new carpet) and I do foresee in the near future of having iron, ironing boards and hairdryers in all our rooms. Thank you again for the feedback and we appreciate your business.
London, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed here for one night and loved the front desk service. Very friendly and professional front desk staff. The room was however dirty and there was dust everywhere. I always stay at the Red Roof and I was expecting better. I will never stay at this Red Roof again. The bed covers were very old and there was no room upgrade except for the flat screen TV. Won't stay at this Red Roof again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
mparra21, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback in regards to your last stay with us. We, at Red Roof Inn, welcome both good and bad feedback. This is very important to us and we take all issues very seriously. We are always working hard in making sure we provide superior service and a quality cleam room to all our customers.

When there comes a time when a customer is not satisfied with the service or room quality, it is unacceptable to me and I take it very personal. I sincerely apologize for the condition of how the room was and I can assure you, I have addressed this with my staff so this would not occur again. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make a better impression and make your experience a positive one.

I am also delighted to share with you that we are in the process of renovation at our hotel. We have jsut recently installed new flat screen TVs, new mattresses and coming in the very near future....newly painted rooms with new carpet, along with exterior painting of the property. I do hope you will consider us for any future lodging needs and see all the wonderful positive changes!!!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I checked in late with no problems. The room was clean and info of the area was available. The shower had excellent hot water in AM. The only problem I had was that you could hear the traffic noise from outside. It was a Sat night, so place was busy. The only thing I did not like was they charge you deposit fee for the safe. They inform you to ask for refund at check out, but like most I forgot about it next day. I told them that they should charge only if I ask for safe info to be able to use it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outer area and not in the middle.