“Great place to stay”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Troy
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Located near many food and shopping areas. If there is any problems the GM, Mercedes, is always willing to help get matters solved. The rooms are clean and newly remodelled. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Really is a great place to stay. Thanks for being so helpful and taking the time to make sure I have a great stay

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank dlindsay22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
marion, ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We chose this hotel because it was the closest to the wedding reception we were attending.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable but the REAL surprise was the staff!!!!

Every request was met with a pleasant response.
LISA ALMOND even closed the office for a few minutes to personally show me where I needed to go for ice.

We typically stay at much pricier hotels so I was very pleased with the room, and the STAFF.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tmt14
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

My dog got to stay free which is great for me. There were noticeable updates which is good. Carpet was stained..but overall my stay here was okay...i would most likely choose the one closer to my parents next time. Just so that i will be closer.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank trf513
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute hotel choice, and we didnt expect much. The rooms have been renovated and they are currently working on the remainder of the hotel. The dbl rooms are small, but for what you pay, this the hotel does the job. Clean rooms, free wifi and not in a bad area....Props go out to manager Mercedes for going the extra mile during our stay. Because of the renovations, contractors took up a good portion of the parking lot leaving no place for us to park our truck and trailer. Mercedes was nice enough to ask another regular guest(that she knew would help) to move his vehicle so we could park. That's how customer service should be and def a reason to come back. ;)

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank aggator
chicago
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Ill start by saying I travel for business and an internet connect is required to send it document. Check In was easy. Once I entered the room I tried connecting to the internet and every time it would kick me off. I went to the office and told the front desk immediately. I didnt even touch anything in the room. She stated that the connecting might be better in another room. So I switched rooms. All I brought in was my computer to test it. Same issue although i did have another bar on connectivity. Went immediately back to the office and she said try it in there, so I brought my laptop in there with the same results. She said it looks like its running fine but it wasnt, im sure she wasnt an IT specialist because she looked at her phone and said it was connect. What a joke!!! I stated I cant stay because I need a connection otherwise I can get wriitten up at work. She said she couldnt refund me and would leave a note for the manager to contact me. I figured they would call but never did. I contacted redroof.com and they did nothing and said the hotel sent me an email for a free night in the mail but wouldnt refund me. I wasnt even at the hotel for 30 MINUTES. I have had this problem before at other hotels and never had an issue. Ended up staying at the super 8 in Sterling Heights and dint have an issue.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank maltese50
Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The staff and the manager are friendly and very accommodating. I booked a King room and even though they are in the process of renovating the hotel I have a room that has not yet been renovated. Well I thought it had been. The room is very clean the bathroom is very clean and everything works as it should, nice flat screen TV and FREE WI FI. One can’t ask for much more. Especially at the prices you pay at a Red Roof. My wife and I use Red Roofs all over the country and at this price point this hotel stands very tall I must say. If you have pets you can not go wrong with Red Roof, no extra charges and they don't look at you as if you carry a disease when you say that you have a dog or cat!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I booked 2 rooms on hotwire, so that I can have a king size and my own privacy. I got to the hotel early, and was told that hotwire assigned me 2 rooms each having 2 double beds. I said I didnt want that, and if I did, 1 room could have done that. Then I asked if they have king size rooms available, and was told they have them, but because it was booked online, they cant change it. They claim they couldnt change it because "the computer locks in a specific room". What kind of BS is that? I would understand if they didnt have any kings available, but to be told they have and couldnt do it, well, that was strike #1. Then I get out of the shower, with wet hair, and start looking for a hair dryer, again instant disappointment. I look everywhere, and call the front desk, and was told "we have hair dryers in the lobby". Well, doesnt that defeat the purpose? unless they are running a hair salon in the lobby. The clerk said she would bring me one, and I quickly had to get dressed so that I wasnt seen naked. Totally unprofessional. I guess I was lucky that I didnt have to beg for toilet paper and that was fully stocked.Strike 3, 1am, the front desk knocks on my door, wakes me up and says "is everything ok?". Well it was while I was sleeping until I was rudely woken up. I dont think I would stay here again, and I probably wouldnt recommend this hotel either. You definately get what you pay for. If your looking for cheap, you found your place, but if you want to spend a few bucks more, and get something classy...book elseware.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bkl G
mparra21, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your stay with us. I must say, I was very disappointed to read of your experience with us and I can assure you, this is a rare case. We strive to provide all guests with superior service and a positive experience.

It appears there were multiple moments where there was a communication breakdown, both on Hotwire for not making it clear to you on what room type they reserved for you and for us, in not simply asking if there was a better time for them to bring the hairdryer to your room so we do not have to inconvenience you in any way. I do want to mention that my staff is fully trained and required to make courtesy calls shortly after a guest checks into the hotel to make sure we are meeting your expectations in regards to room quality and cleanliness. They are never permitted to leave the lobby to personally knock on doors. That much I can assure you. Please accept my sincerest apology for the bad experience and not going the extra mile to accommodate you in your request for a standard king room. I can only hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

On a good note, I am delighted to share with you that we are in the process of renovating our entire hotel (new flat screen TV, new mattress, fully painted rooms and new carpet) and I do foresee in the near future of having iron, ironing boards and hairdryers in all our rooms. Thank you again for the feedback and we appreciate your business.