“They got it right this time”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here a year and a half ago and there was an issue with housekeeping cleanliness (January 2012). This time, everything was just right (everything was clean). Now I can give a recommendation for this Red Roof Inn location. 100% satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank flintjarvis
mparra21, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for sharing with us and with the other viewers on the positive changes we have made since your last visit. I am very pleased that you were completely satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. We have just completed our renovation and are always continously working hard in making sure everyone has a positive experience when staying at our hotel, along with receiving superior service. We look forward to your return visit in the near future and don't forget to stop by the office so i can personally thank you for your business!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Located near many food and shopping areas. If there is any problems the GM, Mercedes, is always willing to help get matters solved. The rooms are clean and newly remodelled. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Really is a great place to stay. Thanks for being so helpful and taking the time to make sure I have a great stay

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank dlindsay22
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We chose this hotel because it was the closest to the wedding reception we were attending.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable but the REAL surprise was the staff!!!!

Every request was met with a pleasant response.
LISA ALMOND even closed the office for a few minutes to personally show me where I needed to go for ice.

We typically stay at much pricier hotels so I was very pleased with the room, and the STAFF.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tmt14
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

My dog got to stay free which is great for me. There were noticeable updates which is good. Carpet was stained..but overall my stay here was okay...i would most likely choose the one closer to my parents next time. Just so that i will be closer.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank trf513
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute hotel choice, and we didnt expect much. The rooms have been renovated and they are currently working on the remainder of the hotel. The dbl rooms are small, but for what you pay, this the hotel does the job. Clean rooms, free wifi and not in a bad area....Props go out to manager Mercedes for going the extra mile during our stay. Because of the renovations, contractors took up a good portion of the parking lot leaving no place for us to park our truck and trailer. Mercedes was nice enough to ask another regular guest(that she knew would help) to move his vehicle so we could park. That's how customer service should be and def a reason to come back. ;)

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank aggator
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Ill start by saying I travel for business and an internet connect is required to send it document. Check In was easy. Once I entered the room I tried connecting to the internet and every time it would kick me off. I went to the office and told the front desk immediately. I didnt even touch anything in the room. She stated that the connecting might be better in another room. So I switched rooms. All I brought in was my computer to test it. Same issue although i did have another bar on connectivity. Went immediately back to the office and she said try it in there, so I brought my laptop in there with the same results. She said it looks like its running fine but it wasnt, im sure she wasnt an IT specialist because she looked at her phone and said it was connect. What a joke!!! I stated I cant stay because I need a connection otherwise I can get wriitten up at work. She said she couldnt refund me and would leave a note for the manager to contact me. I figured they would call but never did. I contacted redroof.com and they did nothing and said the hotel sent me an email for a free night in the mail but wouldnt refund me. I wasnt even at the hotel for 30 MINUTES. I have had this problem before at other hotels and never had an issue. Ended up staying at the super 8 in Sterling Heights and dint have an issue.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank maltese50
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The staff and the manager are friendly and very accommodating. I booked a King room and even though they are in the process of renovating the hotel I have a room that has not yet been renovated. Well I thought it had been. The room is very clean the bathroom is very clean and everything works as it should, nice flat screen TV and FREE WI FI. One can’t ask for much more. Especially at the prices you pay at a Red Roof. My wife and I use Red Roofs all over the country and at this price point this hotel stands very tall I must say. If you have pets you can not go wrong with Red Roof, no extra charges and they don't look at you as if you carry a disease when you say that you have a dog or cat!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!