“Not fully renovated”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Troy
“Not fully renovated”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stay regularly at Red Roof Inns, specifically ONLY staying in the ones that have been fully renovated. The renovated rooms are fantastic for the price. I had checked Trip Advisor to read comments on the renovation. I had booked this after seeing the GM response to doglover98's review on April 27, 2014. I quote "We recently completed a full renovation on our property and it just goes to show how much we truly care in providing all our guests with the best we have to offer at an affordable price." We checked in yesterday and the room didn't look fully renovated. Still had the old smelly, filthy carpet. Still had those old comforters that are never washed on the beds. Didn't look like the pictures we saw on the website. I booked 2 double beds in the deluxe rooms with the fridge/microwave. I indicated 4 guests in the reservation but there was 1 towel in the room. After my shower this morning, I realized there was no hair dryer in the room. Our safe is also already locked and therefore not usable. I called front desk and they said our room hasn't been fully renovated yet so they do not have hair dyers in the room...only the king bed rooms have completed a full renovation. I get that I booked a budget hotel so what do I expect? But it's the principle that I was lied to is what I'm upset about.

Room Tip: Do NOT book the rooms with 2 beds until they have actually completed the renovations.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl L
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

The statement made previously is accurate as far as renovation being completed. We have installed new mattresses,new flat screen TVs, new carpet, new comforters in all guestrooms and interior painting in all guestrooms. We have also painted the entire exterior of our hotel, including a new roof on both buildings, along with a renovated and newly designed lobby with updated furniture. Our Superior King is the only room, currently, that has a in-room coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, microwave and fridge. Our two bed deluxe rooms come with a microwave, fridge and in-room coffee maker.

I do not recall mentioning in previous comments that all rooms had equal amenities, however, if I had miscommunicated that, I do personally apologize and take full responsibility. I enjoy communicating with my guests during and after staying at our hotel and if there is any kind of issue or concern that may occur during any future stays, please don't hesitate to reach out to me so I can correct the problem prior to your departure and to ensure you are fully satisfied with your stay. We thank you for your business and I hope you will give us another chance to make a more postive impression.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

George and Marion M.
We stay in this hotel often when we visit our son who lives in Troy, MI. It is very conveniently located at the southbound exit of I-71 at Rochester Road. We have found it to be a very pleasant and economical place to stay. We would like commend and acknowledge Mercedes, Kiera, and Lisa for welcoming us and accommodating our needs. Lisa also assisted in sending back a small item we had left in the room.

Room Tip: They have some new upgraded rooms with a nice desk for using your computer.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank George and Mari... M
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words! I will definitely share this with the team. I am delighted we were able to offer you a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. Your satisfaction is our top priority and I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Look forward to your return soon!
ann arbor
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I came for the pet friendly policy, not expecting much more. However i was plesently suprised to find clean modernized rooms, and a top notch staff. Everything is well matained and house keeping is top notch. I have paid twice as much for half the room. Thank you

• Stayed April 2014
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much!

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and yes....PETS ARE WELCOMED!!! We understand that many people, including myself, consider them as part of the family and it makes me happy to know that we were able to provide you and your pet with a comfortable room during your travel and the best part is...pets stay for FREE!!!!!

Also, I'm pleased to see that you took note of our newly renovated rooms. We recently completed a full renovation on our property and it just goes to show how much we truly care in providing all our guests with best we have to offer at an affordable price. Hope to see you back soon....
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked this hotel sight unseen because a friend lived nearby and said it "seemed nice" but she had never been there. In all honesty I was a little concerned since it was rather inexpensive BUT to my surprise I had a fantastic visit! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and check in and out was easy. If I ever need to stay in the area again I would be more than willing to stay there again. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
It's great to hear you had a fantastic time during your stay with us!!!!

It makes me proud that we were able to deliver superior service, along with a clean and comfortable room for you at an affordable price. I will definitely share this with my team.

Our goal is to exceed your expectations, provide a positive experience and make sure you were satisfied with the choice to stay with us. We look forward to your return soon and make sure to share the news with your family & friends about our hotel being newly renovated!!!!
Atlanta Ga
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while traveling from Atlanta. I arrived late and had a smooth check in. I got the superior king at a great deal the room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. I wish I could of stayed one more night I slept really well. :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
That is Fantastic! so happy that your stay with us was enjoyable. I will make it a point to share this with my team.

Our goal is to provide each customers with a clean and comfortable room. Our hotel just completed a full renovation in our guestrooms, not to mention the exterior of the hotel and we are excited to share this with everyone! New Mattresses, New Flat Screen TVs, new Carpet.....the list goes on and on. Please spread the word and have them come see for themselves the wonderful improvements made to our hotel. I look forward to your return soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hotel was very accomodating. I had some minor issues with my credit card and Ms. Essie the front desk attendant was very helpful in resolving the issues I had. Never had a hotel go above and beyond to help rectify the problem

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful comment. Essie will be pleased to hear that her assistance in resolving the issue was greatly appreciated. She cares deeply about our customers and.... like every staff member at our hotel, including myself, feels everyone is important to us and we want to make sure they are satisfied with our services. My team are dedicated to providing superior service and will do what is necessary to make sure you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again!!!
Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This Red Roof is near Hwy 75, and at a quiet neighborhood, There is McDonald, Pei Wei restaurants minutes away.

I usually don't bother with review for typical stay but this Red Roof customer service is exceptional. This Red Roof deserves a 5-Star customer service rating, I want to thank all front desk staff and especially Anfal for going out of way helping me for the mistake I made during online reservation.

I have stay in many hotels around the world, this Red Roof will stay in my memory for a long time and win my business for sure. Thank you for your excellent service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. I will definitely share your comments with my staff and most of, with Anfal.

My staff takes pride in providing superior service to our customers and making a lasting impression. I am very proud of them for going above and beyond to make sure everyone has a positive experience at our hotel. Every customer is very important to us and we want to make sure they are all comfortable and satisfied with their experience.

Thank you again and look forward to your return in the near future.