“Average”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Clean room with basic amenities. No hair dryer in room, had to go to front desk with $10 deposit. Good service from front desk. Good value for average room. No real food options in the area. It worked out fine for what I needed.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank tertro
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

I would like to personally apologize for not make a better impression during your visit with us. Your feedback is always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

We are always looking for ways to improve and we took your feedback to heart. We are currently in the process of installing new hair dryers in our two bed deluxe rooms. At this time, only our deluxe rooms provide a hair dryer, microwave, fridge, in-room coffee and a iron/iron board but eventually, all other rooms will include it in the near future.

We hope to see you again and hope we make a more lasting impression.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My time at the Red Roof Inn was very nice the staff the was nice and even helped my wife when she didnt feel good we lost are IDs and they let us check in with other forms of paper ID they arte all very nice people and i will come back there everytime i come to troy

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your patience in allowing us in trying to resolve your issue with your ID. We want to make sure all our guests have proper ID when checking in at our hotel.

Please know that you and all our guests that stay with us are important to us, that we are always willing to go the extra mile in helping out in any way possible. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

First and foremost, travelling late at night from Chicago, it was nice to be greeted by the young man at the counter, Anfal. He was alert, courteous, and handled my transaction very well. First impressions are very important so despite being very tired, irritated, and stressed out, I was able to have a good night since he was the first person I talked to in 6 hours. He made checking in very pleasant. Later on, I saw my room was clean, the area was quiet, and I could call down to the front desk if I had questions or needed anything. I'm not sure where other reviewers stay at that they hate this place so much but this was my 4-5th time staying at this RR. It's been nice every time. Thank you again Anfal for excellent customer service! I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing us for your travel lodging needs. I am pleased that we were able to make that positive first impression and provided you with a clean room with a comfortable bed, in addition to great service.

I will definitely share your comments with Anfal (and my staff) and it will make him very happy to hear that he was able to make your check-in process run smoothly so you can get some rest from your long road trip. If your travel plans ever bring you back to our area, don't hesitate to contact me and I will personally make it a point of making sure you are taken care of . I look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff here is always the best. Everyone is friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy with the accommodations. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We always stay here when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Book a King for the most "bang for your money"
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words. It makes us happy to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your loyalty. Many thanks from myself and my staff and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

There are maybe 5 to 10 things I've come to consider as standard amenities in US hotels. This RRI provided most of them as expected. The TV worked, but not all remote features (like the 'sleep' function). The bathroom fan was noisy and changed pitch every few minutes. Clearly it's close to the end of its life, and may or may not get rectified when it is reached. I used it as little as possible, but it was connected to the light switch so I had no choice. But the worst part was the sporadic availability of Wi-Fi. I asked for help at the front desk, but was told that beyond putting in a call to their service provider, nothing could be done.

I stayed there on business all week and Wi-Fi was necessary during much of my time spent at this hotel. Also, from an ethical point of view, this was part of the package that was promoted and purchased. It's not really a luxury of discretionary convenience.

Lastly, I'm a smoker, and I believe Red Roof Inn has become entirely 'smoke free'. I understand and respect that, but having to go outside and suffer another inconvenience compounded my already dubious feelings.

I would rate it 'Poor', but in truth, it did have a bed, hot water, and functional climate control. It was fairly quiet and I felt safe the whole time. And the staff was friendly. That counts for a lot.

But really, the next time I have to go to the Detroit metro area, I won't stay at the Red Roof Inn in Detroit-Troy again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Thank kablooey67 .
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

My sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read your comments about not considering returning to our hotel due to the problems that occurred during your stay with us and all the inconveniences you had experienced. I can understand your frustrations and disappoint. Please know you are important to us and I take all matters seriously.

We strive to deliver superior service to all our guests that stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, certain situations occur that are beyond our control, for example, the issue with the Wi-Fi. We have worked diligently with the technicians to a find a quick resolution and to ensure all guests issues are taken care of in a timely manner.

As for the hotel being "smoke free", it is our obligation to ensure we are following and practicing within the guidelines of the new State of Michigan "smoke fee air" law that came into effect on May 1, 2010.

We value your business and I, personally, would like to hear from you to discuss your experience and to make things right. I hope you will reconsider and give us another chance and opportunity to better service you in the near future. Your satisfaction is our #1 priority !!! I look forward to your call.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a really enjoyable stay here...reception staff we're helpful and friendly...room was clean and fresh and the location was very peaceful! Only negative thing was being charged for an in room safe which we couldn't use as it was broken....but would stay there again

Room Tip: Just check the safe is working before you pay for it....and ask for a room around the back..lovely
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Abigail H
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the kind words! It makes me happy to know that we were able to make your stay enjoyable,comfortable and that you would consider staying with us again. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return.

As for the safe charge, I would gladly refund you the charge for this. I don't expect any of my guests to pay for this, if the device in the room was not functioning properly and you were unable to use it. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your welcome to contact me directly and I will issue a refund immediately!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stay regularly at Red Roof Inns, specifically ONLY staying in the ones that have been fully renovated. The renovated rooms are fantastic for the price. I had checked Trip Advisor to read comments on the renovation. I had booked this after seeing the GM response to doglover98's review on April 27, 2014. I quote "We recently completed a full renovation on our property and it just goes to show how much we truly care in providing all our guests with the best we have to offer at an affordable price." We checked in yesterday and the room didn't look fully renovated. Still had the old smelly, filthy carpet. Still had those old comforters that are never washed on the beds. Didn't look like the pictures we saw on the website. I booked 2 double beds in the deluxe rooms with the fridge/microwave. I indicated 4 guests in the reservation but there was 1 towel in the room. After my shower this morning, I realized there was no hair dryer in the room. Our safe is also already locked and therefore not usable. I called front desk and they said our room hasn't been fully renovated yet so they do not have hair dyers in the room...only the king bed rooms have completed a full renovation. I get that I booked a budget hotel so what do I expect? But it's the principle that I was lied to is what I'm upset about.

Room Tip: Do NOT book the rooms with 2 beds until they have actually completed the renovations.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl L

I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

The statement made previously is accurate as far as renovation being completed. We have installed new mattresses,new flat screen TVs, new carpet, new comforters in all guestrooms and interior painting in all guestrooms. We have also painted the entire exterior of our hotel, including a new roof on both buildings, along with a renovated and newly designed lobby with updated furniture. Our Superior King is the only room, currently, that has a in-room coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, microwave and fridge. Our two bed deluxe rooms come with a microwave, fridge and in-room coffee maker.

I do not recall mentioning in previous comments that all rooms had equal amenities, however, if I had miscommunicated that, I do personally apologize and take full responsibility. I enjoy communicating with my guests during and after staying at our hotel and if there is any kind of issue or concern that may occur during any future stays, please don't hesitate to reach out to me so I can correct the problem prior to your departure and to ensure you are fully satisfied with your stay. We thank you for your business and I hope you will give us another chance to make a more postive impression.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights
Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!