Homewood Suites Detroit Troy
US$137
GardenInn.com
US$130
US$108
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$105
US$327
US$306
  • Pool
All reviewssmall airportdollar storestrip mallkimchigreat hotelfull size refrigeratorhome away from homecomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationfresh fruitliving roomoatmealindoor poolnice breakfaststaff was friendlyfront desk staffwe've stayed
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed a couple of nights on business over last couple of months - great place - ultra clean rooms - good evening lite dinner/reception Monday thru Thursday includes various food and salad items with soda pop, beer and wine. No need for dinner after eating these yummies!!! Nice filling breakfast selection too. All inclusive - good way to stretch your travel dollars. Food hostesses and maids were kind and courteous. Rooms have full size fridge and cooktop, pots and pans & microwave. Wish I could have stayed longer to avail myself of all the amenities offered!! Coffee and tea in lobby 24/7. Next door is a Walmart and dollar store for when you get the munchies and there are also a couple of restaurants ranging from Irish to Middle Eastern fare. If you're a Big Boy fan there's one down the street a short bit by car. Only slight negative is wall thickness - had a HEAVY snorer in room next door and could hear in the nice and quiet room - but turned on the HVAC fan and it blended right in and sweet dreams were had. A+++ experience - will stay again for sure. Hilton should be proud of this property and the way it is managed and maintained.

Room Tip: Long hallway wraps around - if you stay at far end it's a bit of a walk.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My family and I stayed at the Homewood last night, in town to see Wicked at the Opera House...we wanted to stay in a suites hotel, and this was a fabulous option so we could bunk up a group of 12 into 4 rooms comfortably (instead of spending a ton more on extra rooms somewhere else). Everything was great about the stay! I'm always a fan of complimentary breakfast, of course (it wasn't my favorite hotel breakfast ever, and it'd be great if they got a waffle maker or two, but the muffins were absolutely fantastic); complimentary reception drinks/light meal is such a fabulous bonus of the Homewood Suites (though we didn't have time to partake, unfortunately); and the spaciousness/layout/full kitchen of the suites is just fantastic! The bed was a bit firm for me, but that's just personal preference- I slept well.

The location is a bit harder to find - its further off Big Beaver than I expected, and I was looking for a big sign at the entrance on the street with the duck on it, but the name is just mixed in with the signage for the plaza it is next to...ah well. We had to do a turn-around but found it quickly enough....however, having a Walmart, dollar store, Marshall's, etc is so great - how convenient for any guest, particularly long-term stays!! And of course the proximity to a ton of corporations, the expressway, Somerset Mall, and small airport (we didn't notice any loud noises at all but it was kinda cool to watch small planes take off from the room) are added bonuses. Next time I'm in the Detroit area, I would happily stay here again :)

BTW - I had spoken previously to AGM Bobbi - she was incredibly accomodating with my family group, and I thank her!

Room Tip: My suite was quiet, though we were near an elevator - I'm a fan of top floors, so I guess I'll recommend that :-p My group and I all liked nearby Bahama Breeze for dinner (especially on a bleak winter day). Better food than I expected!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Recently stayed at HWS/Troy for an after Thanksgiving shopping trip to the Somerset Collection. Had a king suite with sofa bed. Very clean room. Decent amenities for type of hotel. Friendly staff.
Located near small airport ( only occasional small planes) and light industrial area, it is hidden from the main roads, so it can be hard to find. The room was appropriate and in no disrepair. The beds were not the most comfortable ( my wife thought the king bed was too hard). Both nights we stayed were quiet.
Will likely stay here again when visiting Troy area.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My wife and I had stay here for 4 days/3 nights. We had the "holiday rate" for a 1 bedroom, king-sized bed suite. As a Hilton Honor member, I like the fact that I can check in online the day before, choose my check-in time, look and choose the location of my suite, and choose my check-out time. However, what I didn't like, is that at the front-desk I gave them the print-out and my ID, however, they asked for my credit card, which the online check-in process states that you just need to print out your itinerary and just show a valid ID. So check-in took a little longer than anticipated. The lady who checked me in wasn't that friendly, did not ask how was my trip, etc. She did ask if it was my first stay with them. I said it was, but she didn't further the conversation or recognize my status as a Hilton Honor member. Once in the room, I did receive a call from the manager on duty who welcomed me and asked if my room was too my liking, which it was. I am glad that I reserved a suite, because the regular size room was too small, even for 2 people for 3 days. I did not use the kitchen, but it is nice to have. I really, really like the light dinner they serve at night. It is served Monday - Thursday with some great choices. I also like the social hour with beer and wine, it is a very nice touch. The hot breakfast in the morning was great, good time, very tasty. Check-out was a breeze, the lady (a different one) was more friendlier than the first one. Lastly, I like the location because it is very quiet (except for some airplane noise here and there), but inside it is very quite, especially at night. Very comfortable bed and pillows, my wife and I slept like a baby. Very good stay and great location to our events. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Book a one-bedroom or above suite. The regular size room doesn't have a king size bed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites. It was like my home away from home. They take care of breakfast and dinner for you. They even have happy hour from 5 to 7 that includes cocktails. What a great way to finish your work day with dinner cooked and a beverage in hand. The rooms were great too. They were spacious but comfortable. You are walking distance to a walmart so you can stock your fridge with personal preferences. The rooms were clean and I am very particular about the bathroom cleanliness. The staff was friendly and personable. They had a workout room and an indoor pool. I would definitely stay at a Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed: October 2011