Homewood Suites Detroit Troy
  • Pool
The Townsend Hotel(Birmingham)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewssmall airportdollar storestrip mallkimchigreat hotelfull size refrigeratorhome away from homecomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationfresh fruitliving roomoatmealindoor poolnice breakfaststaff was friendlyfront desk staffwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have had some unusual experiences at hotels lately so I was not expecting this…the good…excellent customer service…excellent room with great heat…excellent breakfast…the only thing bad was that I could not have found this hotel without GPS or a Google map…but still a great find in a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kurt5280
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We loved the Homewood Suites at Troy. We visited this hotel an average 4-5 times a year in the last 10 years. We have stayed in many family-oriented properties in the Southfield / Troy / Auburn Hills / Utica / Sterling Heights /Chesterfield area, including Courtyard, Residence Inn, Towneplace Suites, Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites, Hilton Suites, Holiday Inn/Express and Staybridge Suites. We liked to try a different/new hotel when the price was right, but every time it's hard for us not to compare it back with Homewood Suites.

Does this place have the lowest price? No. Better not be. In fact, I think their price has been increasing steadily in the last few years. Their staff, from front desk, to kitchen, to housekeeping, to maintenance, are basically the same group of people since the first time we visited more than 10 years ago. We think that the quality of the overall hotel experience and product, from coffee, breakfast, dinner, bed, space, overall up-keeping and cleanliness, attentiveness, pool/gym and location are just better than the other ones in that area. They are well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tooraktoff
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This place was the only reputable brand hotel in this area which is close to where I needed to be for work. It is kind of off the main road but easily accessible. It was on the pricy side but seemed to include a lot, such as internet access, pretty nice breakfast and even an evening dinner including beer and wine. We didn't stay for the dinner which was pretty simple (salad and hot dogs) but did have a beer in before heading out for dinner.

The rooms were quite large with a nice work area and even a full kitchen which I never use.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This was a great experience for our stay in Troy MI. The hotle has everything you need for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

The staff was extremely heplful from check in to departure. Everyone greeted us with a smile, hello and asked if they could help make our stay more enjoyable. Great service!

I would definitely recommend this hotel/brand to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I really like this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Its clean and neat. Everything was brand new looking. I loved the bed the most. It was comfortable and soft. The only thing I had a problem with is one of the staff during the complimentary breakfast. Her attitude really was not professional. She was not friendly, not to mention she didn't even welcome us. She greeted everybody else but us. The rest of the staff was great. The front desk clerk was so nice and friendly towards me. I told him my problem from the other hotel I went to and he was very understanding about the situation. He made sure we had a spot their at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple