“Awesome”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Troy
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I travel a LOT. I travel all over the world from coast to coast and if I can stay with the Hilton Brand over there competitors I do. For this Hotel to be 11 years old it was one of the cleanest, well kept hotels I have seen and have had the pleasure of staying in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
cleveland OH, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Excellent in all respects. Rooms were clean and well stocked, Managers reception and complimentary breakfast was very good Used my Hilton Honor points and requirement was very low compared to other Hilton properties. Also stayed a week at the nearby Embassy suites which was also very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

On this trip I had to be accessible to the Detroit airport, the city of Dearborn, and the city of Frankenmuth. The Homewood Suites Detroit-Troy provided me with a comfortable place to stay, a perfect location to get to all of my destinations, and service that was top-notch.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hll333
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Staff is top notch!! Charming and as helpful as they can be!

The room was clean and general well designed; although a little crowded with furniture. We moved a couple pieces of furniture so that we could move around better. The artwork was DEPRESSING depictions of abandoned looking buildings in an impoverished countryside landscapes.

The bed was too hard for my taste. I tossed and turned to get comfortable and the duvet was a bizarre, inhumane material that kept falling off the down comforter all night... not sure what they were thinking there.

The heating system will adjust the temp by using A/C which made it so that hot and then cold air would blow into the room and dried out the air tremendously. We ultimately turned the heat off and that worked best.

The breakfast was pretty good but, only ran until 9:30 am, which for us, coming from the west coast, was like having to get up at 6 am to get breakfast. We felt the breakfast accommodated people visiting from the east coast.

Even with all of this, for the cost, the room was a good choice.

Room Tip: Choose a 4th floor suite, away from the elevator, for quietness. They come with a kitchen. Choose a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HomewoodSuitesTroy, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel and for you insightful review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us and can assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and sincerely apologize.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I enjoy staying at Homewood Suites because their rooms create a feeling of being home, instead of long term 'stuck at a hotel' stay most places give. Homewood Suites has never been a disappointment, and their staff are usually very friendly. They are always very accomodating, and here the staff would make sure that my packages were delivered to my room, instead of having to go to them for it. Dinners Monday through Thursday were ok, and while I wasn't there during dinner times, they made sure they brought the meal to my room and put it in the fridge for me, which was a plus! The lobby area was elegant, probably one of the better ones I have seen. Bathroom was large, bed was average, but all in all it was a pleasant stay. However, this hotel has a no pet policy, and on my first morning there I was bitten by one of the guest's little dog as she was coming through the back entrance door. I didn't want to over react, however the skin was broken, and I had puncture wounds, so I asked the manager to get me verification of the animal's rabies vaccination, otherwise I would have had to undergo a series of shots. The manager failed to do so, and wouldnt until I was forced to call Animal Control, and get them involved. It was only at THAT point, and being forced by Animal Control to provide it to THEM that I received a copy for myself. In my opinion, at the very least the management could have offered a discount on my stay and comped me a few thousand HHonor points to my rewards card. In addition, knowing they had a guest with dogs, they claimed that they were 'service animals', that is why they let the guest stay there. Having looked up the ADA rules for service animals, and using reasoning, any layman would know that a person has ONE service animal, NOT THREE, (the guest had three toy poodles), they are required to carry a certificate of being a trained service animal at all times, and should be on leash. Two of the dogs were, the one that bit me was not. Also, an animal that is needed for 'emotional support' is not, by the ADA a service animal. They permitted the guest to continue staying at the hotel up until AC got involved, and only at that point was she required to kennel the dogs, or leave. She also continued to take her dogs out, and on the fifth night, again using the back entrance she was bringing in the dogs. As I was coming out the elevator the same dog went running down the hallway, off leash. If this doesnt say poor manager, I dont know what else does. Only two washers and dryers for the entire hotel. While I was there, most of the time only one washer worked, eventually the other quit working as well, but the maintenance crew were quick to get them repaired.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HomewoodSuitesTroy, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking a moment to provide feedback to the TripAdvisor community. We are pleased to hear that overall your stay was pleasant and our staff provided excellent service by going above and beyond during your stay. We are so sorry that you were bitten by a dog while a guest at our hotel. We agree that it was irresponsible of the pet owner to allow this. Unfortunately, according to ADA regulations, it is illegal for us to require certification that a dog is a service animal, so our hands were tied on that front. However, we did request the vaccination records of the animal immediately and provided them to you, along with requiring the animals be removed from hotel property. We’re relieved to hear that your health was not compromised. Again, we are so sorry that this happened. We would be happy to follow-up with you further off-line, please feel free to call the General Manager at anytime to discuss.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at a home wood suites. I'm hooked. We had a kitchen!!!!!!!!! With plates. And a sink, and a stove. And pots and pans!!! This hotel made us so cozy it felt like my grandmothers house. In a good way. The decor is more wallpaper and tapestry than it is midcentury modern, but there's a fire in the fake fireplace and real books on the shelves. Like home.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Itchy-mom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Super place. Very comfortable with all the amenities. Coffee in lobby all the time, real breakfast included, great beds, plenty of room in king suites. Good value for the money, though not cheap. Very quiet every time we stay here. We like it so much we use it when we go to Detroit for Tiger games though it is a 25 minute drive to Comerica, but access to Troy and Birmingham shops, and safety, and restaurants nearby makes it preferable to staying downtown,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family