All reviewssmall airportfull size refrigeratorhome away from homeconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitliving roomoatmealindoor poolwe've stayedstaff was friendlynice breakfastfront desk stafffitness roomgreat customer servicefitness centerevening reception
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff at this hotel were great. Breakfast was fine, while I did not eat the nightly dinner, I did have a glass of wine and that was nice. One problem was the room I was given had a musty, moldy smell.

The other problem--and this is a big one, was that the elevator was down for one entire day, Why couldn't I just use the steps you may ask? Well, it took quite a while to find the steps. In fact, I went down a hallway and back, then down another and back trying to find the steps. I was all turned around when two men asked if I knew where the steps were. Turns out they were the guys working on the elevator. So, what would happen if there was a fire? I can only imagine pure chaos. If I couldn't find a way downstairs and to an exit in pure daylight, what would happen in darkness and smoke? I know this is a worst case scenario but it had me a little worried. I even checked the window from my second floor room and, nope, couldn't have gotten out that way either unless I was able to break the window.

Something to consider.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kfitz84
HomewoodSuitesTroy, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello,

We apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention and are working to make sure the problem is addressed. We’re also sorry for the bad smell you experienced during your stay. We understand that travel is very important and try to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us In the future.

Melissa

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel was clean, up to date. Pool was warm. Breakfast and managers reception were more than we expected. reception offered nice selection of drinks and the snacks were basically a full dinner. Walmart and Marshalls plus many other retailers are just a large parking lot away- a plus if need anything last minute items

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our boys had a football tournament at Ford Field over Memorial Day weekend. We stayed at your hotel for 2 nights. It was the best accomodations we ever had! Extremely comfortable, very clean, roomy...loved the courtyard with the grills which came in super handy. Staff was super friendly...Kia at the front desk as well as many others at the desk. The custodian was very accomodating while we were poolside; kitchen staff was awesome about every request (like filling up my ginormous water bottle with ice and water several times!)...Really great experience! Thank you! Marcy S. of the NFL Raiders

Room Tip: Ask to be near the pool if you have kids!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Troy (MI) Homewood Suites goes out of their way to make sure that you are well taken care of in your home away from home. The staff took special steps to treat us like family. We always felt like the Managers' Reception was a private experience for us, based on the personal touches from the staff. Our overall experience at the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was just want we were looking for when our family took a trip to Detroit. Having the in room kitchenette and suit is perfect when traveling with little ones. The staff was very friendly even providing take away containers for the complimentary breakfast. The rooms were clean and roomy. One thing to be aware of is the the small air field located next door. Although it ended up being highly entertaining for our child.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family