“Beautifully designed rooms & amenities”

Homewood Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the entry onward, this hotel reflected a lovely and inviting atmosphere, with excellent service and amenities. The room layout was spacious and optimized to accommodate multiple people: separate shower and sink areas, individual seating area and small kitchenette/table. The concierge-like service included free laundry detergent and Bounce for washers and dryers, which were convenient and very clean. Breakfast was included in the price and provided a wide selection of well-prepared food. I was completely delighted by this experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Detroit Troy

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked the Homewood as my 4th choice after my first three were no vacancy for my needed days. I booked 4 rooms for this business trip and each of my other three guest raved about my choice so I let them think I was brilliant and did not revel it was my 4th choice. Extremely nice location with walk to shopping for about anything you would want. Several fast food offerings withing walking distance and several good restaurants just a short drive away. My room was perfectly prepared for my visit and very comfortable. A very nice included offering of breakfast with the usual selection of eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat, bagels, English muffins, ect. was provided each morning. A managers reception was offered for several hours with wine, beer, soft drinks and a food offering adequate to be called dinner. This is a very nice property and will move from my 4th choice next time to my first choice.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area so all the rooms looked good. I guess I would want to be close to lobby. Or close...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was more impressed with the quality of this suite than the one I recently stayed in at the Chicago Hilton. Much nicer suite for half the money. Very clean and comfortable and the staff was most helpful and friendliest I've encountered in years.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Family trip during summer 2014. Property looks much like most other Homewood suites. Lobby is nice, but that's about it. Housekeeping left filthy drinking glasses in the bathroom, no paper cups, a garbage disposal sink with fruit flies coming out and a pull out couch with blood stained sheets. Unfortunately, poor housekeeping is common in Detroit area hotels, and this property is no different. Best to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vortmax36
HomewoodSuitesTroy, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our all our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. We appreciate your feedback about the thin walls and will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Once again, sorry for all the inconvenience and we hope that the next time you travel to Troy, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently stayed here for one night on business and it was the first time staying at this hotel. The check-in was quick and efficient and the staff friendly. The hotel itself is larger than it looks from the outside and it was quite the walk to get to my room. The room was nicely laid out and was clean. The breakfast was was good and even had some options that I have never seen before in a hotel (steamed rice, seaweed, kimchi). Apparently, there are some Korean corporations nearby and many of their guests are from Korea. The fitness facilities seemed to have a variety of options but I did not get a chance to use them. Nearby there are a variety of restaurants and stores for shopping. This is a very convenient location. In you are in the Troy area, this would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A friend and I took the boys to this hotel as a special get away. The suite gave us all room to enjoy. The pool had others swimming that were friendly and made it even more fun. Breakfast saved us from hungry stomachs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Homewood Suite property is the best I have ever stayed. This last trip in June was my fourth stay and I must say that from check in to check out everyone at the Homewood Suites staff get a A plus with service and friendliness.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit / Troy
Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Troy
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
The Townsend Hotel
The Townsend Hotel
#1 of 2 in Birmingham

Been to Homewood Suites Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!