“very nice---looks brand new”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here recently over an October week-end while visiting family. What I liked about my stay here: 1) very clean! ; 2) great pillows, (and lots of them) and comfortable beds; 3) nice breakfast--not a huge buffet, but a great mix of delicious hot and cold breakfast foods; 4) washer and dryer available on the 4th floor (must use only quarters); 5) welcoming entrance & main lobby (with ample seating); 6) lots of fluffy towels; 7) nice pool; 8) easy access from surrounding roadways; 9) microwave and mini-fridge in my room. I highly recommend staying here at this H. I. Express. Good Job, Tereah!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear ton_amie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My sons hockey team was in town for a tournament and we were somewhat apprehensive about the need rent a room due to the fact we are only 60 minutes away from the rink. We were extremely glad we did. Clean, new rooms, well laid out hotel and fresh decor are the mark fo this hotel. Our stay was excellent and the staff was superb. We asked a great deal of them and they responded with no hesitation, even engaging the kids often to make them feel welcome. Amber in particular was a godsend as we were trying to entertain a large group at the hotel for lunch. She made every effort to make us feel welcome.
I travel a150+ nights a year for business/personal and don't often write reviews unless it truly strikes me as exception...this is one of those places.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the staff and amenities
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Daryl,
We are very happy that you did decide to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express – Troy! It is our goal that every guest feels like they are at home while they are with us. I am so happy to hear that you received such great customer service while you were here. We are so happy to have Amber as a member of our team! We are honored that you enjoyed your stay enough to submit such a wonderful review. Thank you very much!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had a business partner coming into town to celebrate a successful year. Amber was extremely helpful in helping me book multiple rooms for myself and a few friends. She also made sure all of my rewards points we applied to my account. She is great at accommodating our various room requirements and just a pleasure to deal with. The hotel is a brand new property and spotless. Next time I need a hotel in Troy; this property will be my first call.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Greg 547,
We are very blessed to have Amber as a member of our team! I am so glad that you enjoyed the customer service that she brings to the hotel. It is our goal to have everyone feel comfortable and at home while they are with us. We are proud to have been a part of your celebration while you were in town. Thank you very much for submitting this wonderful review of our property!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Hotel Manager...Tarah Schraffenberger helped me considerably with an issue...going above and beyond the norm. I generally would not take the time to write this but I felt compelled when I saw the notice on the elevator about how hard they strive to make everyone's stay a "10". I am sure that many travelers (including me) are unlikely to be back to that specific hotel, but I do want to post this so that perhaps the hotel and particularly Ms. Schraffenberger can be recognized.

Dear TimothyF,
I truly appreciate that you took the time to give this wonderful review. We do take great pride in our hotel and we hope that everyone feels at home while they are staying with us! Again, thank you very much and I am glad that I was able to assist you during your stay.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

just finished a weekend stay for my grandson's hockey tournament and i can't say enough about how enjoyable our stay was. the whole staff was very accomodating to all of our need's and went out of their way to make sure the kid's had fun. the room's were excellent and the breakfast was high quality. thanks to tereah and the rest of the staff for a great stay.

Dear Barry1,
We enjoyed having your team stay with us during your hockey tournament. We love to see families having fun while they are with us! Thank you very much for submitting this review of our hotel and we hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Both the accomodations and staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Troy, Michigan are amazing. The staff; Tereah and Amber at the front desk are professional, efficient, respectful and extrememly helpful. The rooms are clean and the service is excellent. THANK YOU for the comfortable environment.

Room Tip: they have very comfortable business suites
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear SPSZ58,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so proud to have Amber and Tereah as part of our team. Thank you for taking the time to complete this wonderful review of our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We spent four nights at this hotel for my brother's wedding. The staff was wonderful and always made a point to say hi to my kids and ask If there was anything we needed every time we walked through the lobby. Our room was clean, and the kids loved the pool. I would definitely stay here again! Tereah and Amber at the front desk were wonderful!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were here for a wedding. We always hope that everyone feels at home when they are staying with us. We are so happy to have Tereah and Amber on our team! I will make sure to share this review with them today! We hope to see you again soon.