“Holiday Inn Express-Detroit North is a great place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was very impressed by the very professional staff at check-in & check-out as well as the friendly staff at breakfast. I especially appreciate the time Tereah took in making our stay memorable.... we were in town for my mother's funeral and she was very compassionate about our situation and especially brightened the day for my three pre-school age grand daughters by presenting them with bags of pretzels as we left. Your hotel is beautiful...very clean, spacious rooms, pool was wonderful for tiring out little girls before bedtime, and delicious breakfast! Congratulations to all your staff!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Elaine B,
We are very sorry to hear about the reason for your visit; however, we are happy that we could help! We take a lot of pride in our hotel and we strive to have every guest feel comfortable while they are staying with us. Tereah was thrilled to see this survey come through. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Enjoyed our evening at the Holiday Inn express. The staff was excellent...friendly, helpful and we would come back to this location. In fact we will be back in January. Breakfast is included.

The rooms and hotel were exceptionally clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Michaelbeetoronto,
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Very clean, new hotel. Great location located near I-75 for easy/quick trip to Detroit. The staff is very friendly (Walter checked us in and did a great job). Breakfast is consistent with other HI Express hotels I've visited. I booked through Expedia because I had credits to use. My only caution is that the suites are not really suites. They are big rooms with a king bed or 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. So there is definitely not a separate room / bedroom. We had expected to get the Family Suite which I believe might have a separate room, however, I was told there was only one Family Suite and it was already occupied. This was disappointing. So to sum it up, very nice, clean hotel with good amenities and a good location; the suites are just large rooms. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I recommend staying on Floor 2 or higher. I would have given "Service" a 5 Rating, howeve...

Dear John S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very sorry about the confusion over the suites. We do only have one Family Suite on property and it has been occupied due to a long-term stay. We also have Executive Suites which have a bedroom, living room and Jacuzzi. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We were making a quick trip to Troy for a family get together and needed to check in and change before the party - called to see if all was good with our reservation and were told that our room was ready if we needed to check in. We did!. Tereah at the front desk was great. Our room was clean and comfortable - both my husband and I got a great nights sleep and breakfast was great also. Imagine my surprise to have Tereah address us both by name and not just ask how our stay was but asked how the family get together went. Very impressed with her and all of the staff who made us feel welcome.

Dear Marilyn A,
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We strive to ensure that every guest feels at home while they are staying with us. Tereah has been a wonderful addition to our team and we are very happy to have her here. We hope to see you during your next family get together.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Hotel offers a clean, new facility with all the amenities necessary, pool, exercise room, typical okay breakfast. Friendly and courteous staff (thank you Tereah). I would stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you very much for submitting this wonderful review of our property. I will make sure to pass it along to Tereah and the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had a wonderful experience staying at this Holiday Inn Express.. My only complaint was that the Satellite TV did not offer the Detroit Tigers Baseball Games.. I am hoping the next visit to the Metro Detroit Area, the Hotel will offer FSN for our beloved Detroit Tigers Baseball Games.. Tereah@ front desk was awesome, and all the other Front Desk Help also...

Room Tip: Our room was across from pool, was a very clean room, nice size.. Pool could have been a little war...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear MJ K,
We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel! We are working towards getting Foxs Sports Detroit at the hotel. Thank you very much for the feedback! I will make sure to pass this along to Tereah and the staff today.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were greeted and checked in quickly, once in room, we received a telephone call to make sure everything was OK. The overall hotel was very clean, fresh, and very conveniently located near I75 & 14 mile road. The rooms were clean, spacious, beds and pillows fantastic. I would rate this establishment a 10 except for one thing, the morning breakfast. My wife loves Holiday Inns Breakfast & especially biscuits & gravy. The gravy was like water, in retrospect, we should have told the manager at the time, but a great room, just beware of the gravy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. I am not sure what happened with the breakfast gravy while you were here. I can assure you that this is not a normal issue. I will make sure to keep an eye on it to ensure it does not happen again. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention so that we can resolve it immediately. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit / Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Troy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy? Share your experiences!