Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here in June 2014. The experience was overall good but what makes me recommend this place to others is the customer service showed by the employee Hilda. She greeted us with a smile and an eager attitude, she was very attentive and helped as best as she could. I gave a 5 for service because of that! You don't see customer service like this anymore! Great Job! Wonderful choice in choosing such a great employee!

• Stayed: June 2014
Brad J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Greetings..... Another great review on our associate Hilda. She truly loves her job and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. Our entire staff appreciates your comments and we hope to see you down the road. Thanks!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great place to stay. Rooms clean, front desk appeared a little disorganized but tried to be accommodating. Close to shopping and restaurants. Only 20 minutes to Comerica Park/ Ford Field. Would for sure stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brad J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our location - we are only a short drive to Comerica Park and other great venues. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations - Thanks for the kind comments regarding your stay with us. See Ya!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Overall the stay was decent, I thought it was a little overpriced for what I experienced (room could be cleaner) but the breakfast in the morning was great! Hilda is the sweetest employee there, always greeting people with a smile and respect!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear JKB831,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the value we provided. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently came to Michigan for a weekend shopping trip with the family. We did a shopping trip to the Great lakes outlet and Somerset mall. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, just a quick one night stay and we were off the next day. However, we truly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, the environment was friendly and relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was a plus. Nothing fancy mind you, but enough to get you off to a good day. The fridge and microwave was a nice addition for families staying longer. I forgot our toothpaste and they had complimentary toiletries you just have to ask front desk for. It is in a good area, close to the highway and Oakland mall. My husband enjoyed eating at the applebee's close by. I was sad we only booked the one night since we had redeemed rewards at another hotel. I will not mention the other hotel but let's just say, we wish we stayed at this one for the whole trip. Well, now we know and we did say we will stay here the next time we come down for our shopping trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Greetings to our friends north of us..... It's great to hear you spent some of your free time in the Troy area - this area offers a variety of fantastic shopping and restaurants. We appreciate your loyalty within the Holiday Inn brand hotels - Thanks for being a member with us. If you come across the border again, you are always welcome at our hotel. Thanks!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed one night last week. hotel is new, spotless, clean and modern. Staff is great, location for north detroit good. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting area. Only negative could come up with is the bed was much too firm - maybe because it's still newer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from HIE - Troy..... Your correct, we are a newer hotel within the Holiday Inn brand. We appreciate the fantastic review online. Thank You for your business.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was really impressed by this hotel and the amenities that followed!. I stayed in the executive suite and celebrated my birthday. The room was really clean and I loved the updated furniture. The staff at this hotel are pretty awesome and very attentive. I can appreciate good customer service like I experienced during my stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan on staying here again soon. Thanks again Sandra, Teria and Naomi for the great customer service and accommodations!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello from Troy Michigan.... "Beautiful Getaway" - that's great to hear. Thanks for celebrating your birthday with us - we appreciate the kind words regarding your experience with us. See Ya!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and the service is always excellent. The front desk staff is very friendly and gets you checked in quickly. The breakfast staff is also very friendly and the choice for breakfast are great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello to our friend from Canada.... It sounds like your a repeat guest at our hotel - Thank You. Our entire team appreciates your loyalty to us and we hope to see you in the near future. Thanks!