“Night out”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 276 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 16 Mile Road & Coolidge
Troy, Michigan
“Night out”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went there for Troy Restaurant Week to taste test. The food and service were excellent. The portions were like the regular dinners. At $35 per person, It's not cheap but it was worth it. The Caesars - excellent. The steaks were tender and flavorful. Make sure you save room for dessert.

• Visited August 2014

Birmingham, Michigan
“First Time Here”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Four for dinner on a Saturday evening. Had to change reservation times twice in the weeks ahead and they were very accommodating. Service was outstanding and professional. Appetizers of smoked salmon and lobster/crab were top notch. They had a special wine pairing for $25 per person that was a good value. Prices are high and would expect prime grade steak, but not here. We had the porterhouse, kobe, salmon, and filet. All were good, but not great. Sides were smaller than at other comparable steakhouses. Lobster Bisque was excellent and highly recommend. Tab for four with tip was $500. I will probably not return, as there are better choices in this category.

• Visited August 2014
Troy, Michigan
“Pricey franchise eatery near the mall food court”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Sorry, fellow Trojans, I've been here a few times and am not as enamored as other reviewers with this chain on the first floor of a shopping mall with a view of the mall parking lot.

The food is fine. The wine selection is good. The waitstaff is hit & miss. In general, the place is over-priced for what you get. If you're looking to drop a lot of cash on a meal, there are better options in the metro area.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Scott Z
Nashville, Tennessee
“5 Star Dining, Amazing”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'm always skeptical of $$$-$$$$ restaurants. Is it really going to be worth the money? I'm totally fine spending $150 on dinner for me and my wife on a special occasion, but I damn well better leave that restaurant with an ear to ear grin on my face! I can say without a doubt that Capital Grille is worth every penny. From the moment you walk in, this isn't just a restaurant, it is an experience. The service is impeccable, prompt but not overbearing and always friendly. The food is out of this world, from the bread basket to the complimentary dessert we received. I had parmesan crusted sole, which was accompanied by marble potatoes, chopped asparagus, and crab in a creamy butter sauce. I wish I had a bigger stomach, because I couldn't finish all that deliciousness. It was amazing. The interior is beautiful, very classy. I recommended dressing up a bit for this place, unless you want to be out dressed by your waiter. Capital Grille is the definition of 5 stars. I'll be back.

• Visited January 2014
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Memorable Anniversary”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with dinner at the Capital Grille and it was memorable to say the least. Having informed the restaurant when the reservation was made that we would be celebrating this special occasion, we were greeted and seated immediately in a beautiful large booth. The table linen had red rose petals scattered on it along with little heart confetti. Our server, Andrea, was excellent. Her timing was perfect - anticipating our needs but leaving us to enjoy our time together. Andrea took a photo of us and presented it in a congratulatory card. We had a fabulous meal of steak au poivre and halibut, preceded by calamari, lobster bisque and caesar salad. Our dining experience was completed with complimentary glasses of champagne and desserts. We highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions!

• Visited June 2014