“I always order the fish & chips”
Review of Champps - CLOSED

Champps
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very good consistent food with large portions and I always get a hello from the manager. A favorite spot to eat on the weekends. I like sitting at the high top tables and enjoy their margaritas.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This dinner slightly exceeded my expectations. I have eaten at other Champps an not had the quality of food I had here. The portions were large and the service was excellent.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

It was OK and the place our needs.It was right across the street form our hotel. We were in and out in good time. Food was typical and OK.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Out of town visitors got the munchies and in the mood for burgers on the grill at 10:00 p.m. I however wasn't in the mood to fire up the grill. They wanted to have a drink, somewhere not too fancy. I knew exactly the spot. Champps Americana. The restaurant/bar is casually chic with a pleasing atmosphere.

They ordered the nachos as an appetizer are were surprised at the quantity of food served on the plate. You definitely get your money's worth here. We ordered their famous burgers which were cooked exactly as requested. I had their onion soup which was tweaked at the suggestion of a neighboring table guest. We added au jus broth and let me tell you it was the best ever! And what goes best with a juicy charbroiled burger? Yep... a frothy cold beer. Their selection is great and the prices are fair.

The location is located just off of I-75 and Big Beaver Road. Easy on and off ramp. Love the fact that they have TV screens and they favor our local teams. It's a fun atmosphere where it's easy to meet other fun loving, friendly people. We sat chatting until midnight. The ambiance is welcoming and the servers are always smiling. I wonder why?

Reviewed 31 March 2014

You have many choices in and around Troy, MI. Champps is great choice for a nice appetizer, a good burger, and if you leave room, dessert. What I like about this place is it's consistently good service and the meal is better than average. There are some nitpicks though: The Ahi Tacos were flavorful, but the Ahi chewed like they were remnants that could not be used for main entree, cut into small pieces and all. The crab bread lacked the crab, although I could tell there was some "krab" instead. If you like a Reuben, go for that. For a kick, try blue cheese instead of swiss. Champps accommodated our request. This place get's busy, so be patient. You'll be glad you were.