“Nice show - high price!”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 278 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Crooks
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. Or visit our sushi bar, where your sushi chef will prepare fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine. Located near by Somerset Mall.
LaSalle, Canada
“Nice show - high price!”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

the food was great - the show great - the price not so much! Overpriced for the amount of food but you are really paying for the novelty and show

Visited March 2013
1 Thank seguin1

“Great for Celebrations!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We enjoy visiting Benihana often, usually for special occasion celebration gatherings! The sushi and the cooked meals are wonderful! The chefs that work tableside are wonderful and very entertaining!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dja17chaos
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
“New Chef-New Waiter??”
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I have had dinner at this Benihana's a few times and have always had good service but this visit was a disappointment. We arrived for dinner at about 8:00 pm and were surprised to be seated right away. There was another family of 3 and shortly after we were seated another couple joined us, although only one of the two people was actually present and seated. The waiter brought our drinks and said we would have to wait until the last person arrived before he could take our orders which was fine with everyone. The last person arrived a few minutes later and the waiter took our orders. I was the only one who did not order the chicken fried rice (I wanted just plain white rice). We were served our soup and salad and then the chef came to our table and began his performance. He didn't have much flair and only seemed to be going through the motions. He was missing a number of items and had to ask someone to bring him addition items to be cooked. As he cooked the various segments of the meal he placed them on our plates but he was cooking so slowly that if you did not eat each portion right away it was cold before he provided a new item. He cooked the fried rice and served everyone and then proceeded to cook the other vegetables and meats. We never saw the waiter at all while the chef was cooking even though some of the guests were looking to order additional drinks. We were munching on our dinners as it was being cooked and served but I had not received my white rice and never saw the waiter to ask for it. I finished the shrimp appetizer and part of my steak, onions and zucchini. When the chicken was finally served and the chef was cleaning the grill the waiter finally stopped by. I asked for my rice and several guests asked for additional drinks. He took our orders but another staff person actually delivered the various items to us. Our waiter stopped back later and seemed to be in a hurry for us to leave. He gave us our bills and kept checking back to see if we were ready to pay. Although the foods was good, you generally come to Benihana's for the "show". The show was just adequate with not much flair or humor and the service was not good to say the least. I'm hoping this was just an off day or new a new server and new chef and will give it another try in the future. As I have said earlier, I've been here before and have aalways had a good experience, so hopefully this was just an anomoly.

Michigan
“Would've been excellent with better service”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

The secret gem in this restaurant is the sushi bar off to the side an oasis in a crazy busy place with throes of kids and families on a busy weekend. The real value is the lunch or dinner "boat"
For about $10 for lunch you get miso soup a great salad, chicken,salmon or beef, 4 California rolls, sashimi, tempura shrimps and vegetables edaname, and rice garnished with a beautifully sculpted orange. Wonderful! Great Malbec about $10 a glass. The service alas is dicey-they seem to forget the area, but the sushi chefs are attentive and helpful in hunting down errant waitstaff.

• Visited January 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Love Love Love this Restaurant”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have eaten here at least 100 times and I have never had a bad experience with the staff. The food is ALWAYS great and my favorite chef is John. He is very entertaining and the food is great. Whenever you are in the Detroit Area and looking for a great restaurant with great service... Benihana Troy, MI is your location.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Benihana? Share your experiences!