“Bangkok Bistro, Troy, Michigan”
Review of Bangkok Bistro

Bangkok Bistro
Ranked #77 of 295 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I've never had a bad or mediocre item there, in over a dozen visits. Masaman curry, yes! The eggplant entree, yes.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

My wife and chose this restaurant for its proximity to our hotel. What a surprise! The facility is nice and the service was good. However, the food was excellent and was very nicely priced. The portions were generous and nicely presented. Would go back any time.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We went to Bangkok Bistro primarily because it was located close to our hotel and we were in for a real treat. When we travel, we often try to find Thai restaurants and Bangkok Bistro was truly the best Thai food we've ever had. In fact, we went there 2 nights in a row! The food is lucious, the portions are very generous and they offer entrees we've never seen before. One of these was the Chiang Rai Eggplant which is indescribably delicious. Our server, Duen, was charming and gracious and really enhanced our dining experience. We recommend this restaurant not for just those in the Troy, MI area, but for anyone in the Greater Detroit region.

Reviewed 21 August 2010

I have been going there for years. There are may be 10 Thai places within 5 miles in Royal Oak,Troy and Clawson. This is the best combination of value and consistent quality. The food is outstanding!

Reviewed 3 August 2008

I was just looking for a Thai restaurant to eat dinner at. I did my research and found some good comments on the Internet about Bangkok Bistro, so I tried it out.

It is a small restaurant about 20 tables (max), maybe fewer. When I got there (Sunday night at 7:00pm), it was empty. I did not know what to expect, but I went in the door anyway.

I ordered my usual Thai iced tea, also a shrimp noodle and a green curry chicken.

The food came and it was actually very nice. I was pleasantly surprised. The flavour was great.

Overall, the Bangkok Bistro is a good Thai restaurant if you are in Troy, MI. Just check the level of spiciness when you order...it can get pretty hot.

Been to Bangkok Bistro? Share your experiences!