“almost perfect”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 282 Restaurants in Troy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

i visited jays for the first time last weekend, our server was awesome. actually all of the employees were super nice and always made sure we had everything we needed in a timely fashion, and with smiles on their faces. i had calamari the appetizer was big enough for 2-3 people. i also had a lemon drop (drink) carrot cake for dessert and the steak maui for dinner. my only complaint and the reason i didn't give them 5 stars is because to me the steak was way under seasoned but that is just in my opinion. everything else was great!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We picked this place because it was at the mall. We were not expecting too much because it is a chain and it is in a mall. First impressions; very busy, pricey and our table was in an high traffic area. We ordered the grilled artichokes to start. I had the chicken and my husband had the crab cakes. We also shared a dip served with toasts. The service was very good and the food most enjoyable. We would definitely go back. Prices were high but the portions and quality made up for the cost. If you are into the spirits, the bar was very well stocked and wine selection also extensive.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My daughter and I recently visited the somerset mall in troy michigan. We drove there from across the border in Canada to have a girl's day. We couldn't decide where to go for lunch, but we were so glad that we went to J Alexander's!! We were greeted by a nice woman at the door and only waited a few minutes for a table even though they were very busy. The place was definitely hoppin' ! Our server, Phil, was courteous, knowledgeable, humorous and fun. We ordered the redwood salads, and asked if it would be possible to change the blue cheese out for goat cheese. He said it would be no problem. We thought we'd be in for a bit of a wait because they were so busy. Alot of dishes walked by and the food presentation was phenomenal.

We got our salads after a short wait, and they were absolutely delicious. Chicken was juicy and tender, greens were fresh, dressing was very tasty. We were checked on regularly, and a different server happened by and asked if she could get me a refill on my soft drink. How nice that they work in such a team. We were deep in conversation and she happened to notice. Now that's service. After our meals, the waiter, who had made chitchat with us when he stopped to check on us, even asked if we'd like a "to go" soft drink to take with us while we shopped, no charge. There are certainly alot of places that can learn from this establishment. I will definitely visit here again, and highly recommend it. The experience was positive from the minute we walked in the door, and they continued to deliver until we paid the bill and left. Thankyou J Alexanders!!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The cheeseburger at J. Alexander's is excellent. It has a smokey flavor that is to die for. I am struggling on trying anything else each time I go there since I really love the cheeseburger.
The atmosphere can use a little work as it is pretty dark and loud. Service is always excellent.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very nice place. Service was superb. Gotta try the spaghetti squash or acorn squash and save room for the best Carrot Cake ever.