“Great little neighborhood eatery!”

Ridley's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Troy
Reviewed 10 November 2010

There is no good reason it's taken us 1.5 years to get here when we live less than a mile away and pass it on 85% of our trips away from home. I am ashamed it actually took an Entertainment Book coupon to get us in the door and try some of their food! Through construction, even! (They were very thankful, and commented that they appreciated us braving the construction!)

We got two sandwiches and a coconut macaroon for take-out. We shared the Grilled Turkey Reuben and the Grilled Applewood Bacon & Cheese paninis. The reuben was okay, but would have benefited from a bigger dollop of 1000 Island dressing. The bacon and cheese panini will definitely be ordered again. Both came with a small side (tiny cup) of slaw and a tiny two-bite muffin (I imagine they change with the day--from what we guessed, we had banana chocolate chip). Both the slaw and the muffin were tasty.

Hubby also got a coconut macaroon from the bakery. And wow. Just, wow. This is THE coconut macaroon we've been dying to find--and here it was, all the time, right down the damn street. And we've been trying them all over the city! GRRRR....but YAY since we found them and it's close to home. But GRRRR because it's too close to home and I anticipate stopping there too many times for a little coconut pick-me-up.

As a bonus, hubby was also going to get a chocolate chip cookie, and it broke while she was getting it...so she just gave it to him. I guess maybe it helped we were there towards the end of the day!

Another great thing about Ridley's? [From their website, verbatim:]

"At the end of each day we pack our unsold muffins, scones, cookies, mini muffins & breads to donate to St. Vincent de Paul volunteers. They are then distributed around the southeast Detroit area to those who normally couldn't visit our Bakery Café. We start completely from scratch every single day to offer our valued customers only the freshest baked goods."

Awesome!

We will definitely be going back on a more regular basis after this experience, and I highly recommend you do the same.

1  Thank hudson2001

Reviewed 4 August 2009

The best baked goods around! I love the Raspberry Oatbran Muffins! It's a great treat at a great value. Everyone raves about them. Even the lunches are delicious!

Reviewed 30 June 2009

I brought a dozen muffins to work last week and my co-workiers raved about them. My only complaint is they are not open Sunday morning when you want more muffins.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Great baked goods and sammiches. Owner always there to insure quality and service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 9 December 2008

Outstanding bakery goods. Try the chocolate raspberry muffin...out of this world and only available on certain days.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook