Detroit Marriott Troy
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungesomerset mallfull servicenice hotelbed was very comfortablethe somerset collectionpool areabig beaverhockey tournamentbusiness triproom ratebreakfast buffeteasy accessfront desk staffupon checkup to datecoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Our stay at the Marriott in Troy, Michigan was a wonderful surprise. Just like previous reviews have stated, this hotel is absolutely worth the price. The hotel is one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed at. The room, the bathroom, everything was in perfect condition, and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I would put it at 3.5 stars....why not 4....for the price I felt the pillows were the same a Courtyard Inn style, small scrunched up as was the room set up with the furniture and the tub showers...not complaining as I enjoyed my visit...the open lobby is nice and inviting to recreate with other travelers while working on the laptop and sipping a brew from the bar...very nice!
Rooms are spacious and nice but appeared to be a remodel or update? Nice hotel and great location to Somerset Mall area, nice restaurants, and has parking garage (nice if snowy winter)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Spent two nights here for business travel. Hotel is far from the airport--about 40 minutes to an hour depending on the route and traffic. Rooms are extremely clean but a bit dated and not that big. The cleanliness was a huge plus. Breakfast is very good and staff could not be more friendly. Only one drawback I noted was my room was four rooms away from the elevator and I could hear the humming. Next time I would request a room far from the elevator. Hotel is about 1 mile from some very upscale shopping and some nice restaurants!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This Marriott used to be one of the nicer hotels in the area ... self sufficient and great place for meetings ... the economy in this suburb of Detroit has suffered enough damage that the hotel is a little empty and forlorn most of the time now. I was there over Christmas and it was so quiet I thought no one else was there. The Shula restaurant is closed and so is the dance place that used to be there years ago. The lobby bar is open and the staff is great at that spot because they are so glad to see anyone sitting there ... rooms are still fine and service somewhat sparse, but still a nice place to go if you do not expect a lively stay. There are less expensive properties that are nearby that I prefer at this time. My mind may change as time goes on, however $100 + per night are hard to justify when $65 is right around the corner and pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I generally use Choice Hotels, so was very excited to stay at a Marriott and experience all the things I hear about. My biggest compliment to this Marriott is the cleanliness! Rooms were spic and span! This is always the biggest thing I am looking for because I can feel at ease while staying here for the weekend. My biggest complaint is the lack of customer service. I checked in, I received barely a smile and got no information about the hotel. Didnt receive a check out time, No information on their f/b. The room could use a microwave/refidgerator for the price we are paying. No continental breakfast -- which would be okay if their breakfast offered wasnt an arm and leg. Pool/Exercise area was kept very clean as well and had great hours!

BIG PLUS -- Was on our way out of the hotel on the Sunday and a housekeeper (Manina, I think was her name) actually spoke to us, offered her help and wished us a safe trip home! Now if only all the rest of the staff could take some tips from her -- move her to your front desk and see more people come back because of her!

Room Tip: Bring a cooler if staying the weekend to save on beverages!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family