“Exception Service....”

Detroit Marriott Troy
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is an older hotel, but they've been successful at renovating it with new surfaces, etc. Marriott has done a great job figuring out exactly what people want in a hotel lobby, and then doing just that with the lobby space. And this Marriott is a great example. Perfect space for working, drinking, eating, meeting, surfing the web.. you name it. Staff at front desk (Katrina, I have now learned) was fantastic. I had a credit card issue (it was declined, of course) and she handled it fantastically. Really appreciate how she managed that. Restaurant staff was tops too. They quickly say I was business traveler in a hurry and handled things quickly... (i.e.: the hostess took my coffee order instead of me having to wait for the waiter... the waiter noticed i was drinking my coffee fast and offered to bring me a to-go cup.) I don't stay at Marriotts a lot, but will reevaluate based on this trip.

Room Tip: Elevator was a little slow.. but not a super annoyance.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Greetings W and thank you not only for visiting, but also for the fantastic review. We love all of the feedback, and appreciate you mentioning Katrina by name. We've passed your comments directly to our general manager for her review. Most importantly, we're thrilled to hear that we may have wooed you over to the Marriott family of hotels. Hopefully we'll see you again sooner than later on your next visit into the area. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Detroit Marriott Troy

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel does not disappoint as it bears the Marriott name. The room is nice, although I did not like the television being on one side of the room. I stay at a Marriott because of the bed and this location does not disappoint. I like the fact there is very ample parking due to the parking garage. We also felt very safe in the neighborhood. There is also a 24 hour CVS within 15 minutes that we desperately needed. The hotel is just off of 75 making it a great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Joe! Thank you so much for the glowing five stars. We are thrilled that you have so many wonderful things to say about our hotel here in Troy, and we do apologize about the situation with the tv. We thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Safe travels.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is my favorite hotel when staying in the Troy area!! The Marriott is conveniently located next to the Somerset Mall and many great area restaurants. We were checked-in by Shawn. He was so professional, efficient and genuinely made you feel welcomed. It felt great to be treated as a valued customer. The rooms are very clean, quiet, with comfortable beds. Nice breakfast. There is nothing not to like!!! Great stay! Great place!! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Hello Sparta and thank you so much for the amazing five star review! We appreciate all the amazing feedback and have passed it on to our general manager for her review. Thanks once again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

While the hotel is nice, it is not safe. The property is not secure and their security department/cameras do not cover the entire facility. I was a guest at the hotel and parked my car in the hotel parking lot. My car windows were smashed and items stolen from the vehicle. The hotel said their cameras only cover certain areas of the parking lot and my car was parked in an area that wasn't visible from the cameras. According to the police, this is a common occurance at the hotel. You think they would add more cameras or actively patrol the grounds.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PaulandJanandJake

Hello PaulandJan and thank you for visiting. We sincerely apologize for any issue you experienced while visiting. Our property is actually located in Oakland County, Michigan - one of the most affluent and safe communities in the entire nation. Also please know that we do in fact have cameras throughout our garage as well as security personnel on foot who patrol the area. We're very sorry for your experience, and we hope that you will in fact visit again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel sleeping rooms show it age. A little damp for my liking. Plenty of convenient electrical outlets. Happily the Air Conditioning does not blow on the bed. The food was very good; meat especially.
Front desk agents, servers in restaurant very professional, competent and friendly. Free self-parking. Valet available too. Bed very comfortable. Rooms near elevator are NOISY

Room Tip: Elevator rooms are noisey from hydraulics.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Amy and thank you not only for visiting, but for also taking the time to post your review. Your comments have all been passed to our general manager for her review. We apologize for any disappointment in your room, however please know that we will soon begin renovations. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night for a business trip. The hotel has a nice location and the fitness center is modern and well equipped. Beds are comfortable.
The hotel is functional and the rooms/bathrooms could certainly use a bit of an update, but everything works. After a long day of travel, would have appreciated a smiling friendly face at the check in counter, but i figure everyone is entitled to a bad day and perhaps the check in person was having one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello cubsfan and thank you for visiting. We appreciate all of your kind words regarding your stay. We wanted to apologize for any less than stellar interaction with anyone on our team. We take great pride in offering a high level of guest service to all visitors and we're very sorry for falling short in your case. Our general manager would like the opportunity to investigate who may have assisted you and should you wish to share details of your checkin, please email thetroymarriott@marriott.com. Once again, we thank you very much and hope that you'll return again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I ventured to this hotel as part of a relaxation package. When I arrived the staff was extremely pleasant and checked me in very quickly. The room was immaculate and the bed was very comfy. I ordered room service and it arrived very fast and the food was very good. The package included breakfast at the restaurant and my meal was fantastic. The package included a massage at Schendens Day spa. The hotel driver dropped me off at the doorstep and promptly returned when I was finished.The Swedish massage given by Heather was amazing. Overall my entire experience was very relaxing and I would not hesitate to return to this hotel when I need to renew and recharge.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Hello Nancy and thank you for being such a frequent guest at our hotel. We appreciate the generous five stars and did want to apologize about your disappointment in our wifi policy. Please note that complimentary wifi is available in our lobby great room. It is also complimentary for Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum Elite members and since you're a frequent guest, this may make sense for you to join and take advantage of that and other benefits. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.