Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,011 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionthe managersmade to order breakfasthappy houromelet stationliving roomauburn hillsfree drinkshockey tournamentfamily reuniongreat place to stayrooms are largebreakfast buffetbeds were very comfortablehot tubthe breakfast areabusiness travel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Really enjoyed this hotel. Close to great lakes mall. Clean large room and comfortable bed. Terrific managers reception and very friendly staff. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My first experience of Embassy Suites and generally very favourable, with large comfortable rooms, good service and a very nice pool. We stayed 7 nights and found the location very convenient for travelling around the northern edges of Detroit, having plenty of parking and the communal areas being large enough to cope with mixes of guests and meeting attendees.
Just a few gripes, our room smelt smoky despite being non-smoking, the bedroom pillows were too plump for me so I got neck ache and the majority of the breakfast offering was unappealing and unhealthy - I could not eat there every day if I was a long stay guest. The oatmeal, fresh fruit and green tea were the only saving graces here and it was unfortunate that the breakfast did not match the quality of the rest of the hotel. This may be just my European opinion as fellow guests seemed to have no reluctance in eating all of the food being offered.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Corb2000,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to start by thanking you for staying with us. We are pleased to hear that our location was good for you. We have addressed our housekeeping staff and they will correct the smell issue that you encountered in your guest room. However, we regret we were not able to provide you with the breakfast you expected. Our complimentary, cooked-to-order breakfast is comprised of a variety of hot and cold food items, but we are constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience, and as a brand, are looking at additional items we could include. We appreciate your suggestions and will take them under consideration. Thanks again for the review and your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is a nice Embassy Suites and a good location if you are doing business in or around Troy, MI. The hotel appears to have been updated fairly recently. The king room had plenty of space for doing work and a reasonably good wifi connection. The exercise facility is fairly small but the machines are modern and in good condition.

The only two major cons to this hotel were 1) even though the hotel is nonsmoking, my room smelled as if it had in the past been a smoking room and 2) the hotel charges for wifi. In this day and age, charging for wifi is just absurd. It is the type of nickel and diming that is annoying in an otherwise decent hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear CopanoJoe,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with our hotel. Thank you for recognizing some of the renovations, nicer and larger sized suite accommodations and your positive experience with our fitness room machines. I do apologize for the WIFI charges, as it is still a Hilton Worldwide Brand Standard for our Full Service hotels, and to some extent I agree with you that charging for the service is becoming less frequent at hotels nowadays. While this does not help in this past situation, all of our Hilton Honors Members (HHonors frequent guest loyalty program) receive complimentary WIFI as a standard at our location and receive that service complimentary at all other Embassy Suites hotels after reaching Gold HHonors Membership level. Thanks again for your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I traveled with my extended family over the Mother's Day weekend for a Mom & Daughter's shopping trip. The hotel was the perfect fit for us! The rooms are very large and spacious, and the Front Desk was great at accommodating our request to have rooms that were close together (we were side-by-side). The Front Desk staff were EXTREMELY friendly, both at check-in, and when we needed help connecting to the internet they happily walked us through using the code provided.

Positives: The rooms were very clean, the flat screen TVs in both the bedroom and living room were fantastic. Staff were friendly everywhere. The breakfast buffet was fabulous, with something for everyone (hot and cold items, fresh fruit, omelet station). The pool and hot tub were great too! The atrium was beautifully decorated, with new renovations to the decor. The skylights made it bright during the daytime, and despite the open concept and lots of sports teams, the rooms were quiet (we were on the 5th floor).

Negatives: The Manager's Reception on Friday evening was not what we expected. Popcorn, pretzels, Goldfish crackers, Nachos and Salsa were on the menu. I think we were expecting a selection of hot and cold items as other hotels in the Hilton brand have (ie. Homewood's evening reception) - so this was a bit of a disappointment. We also had dinner in the Riparian Grille restaurant and the service was EXTREMELY slow (we went for dinner at about 6pm). We were a table of 5, and there was one other table in the restaurant. Apparently the room service orders were going crazy, so we had to wait a good hour before our food came out. Our server was great though, and did her best to assure us the food was coming. She brought out a basket of bread (although the side plates were missing). We were all very hungry by the time food came (salads and sandwiches), but she offered compensation to our bill, so we felt she did the best she could under the circumstances in the Kitchen. We were puzzled as to why the restaurant guests would be delayed and the room service orders were expedited.

Despite the challenge with the food service, we had a great weekend. Challenges can always arise, and it's how they are resolved before departure that counts. Kudos to this hotel for empowering their employees to "make it right" when needed.

We are already talking about making it an annual shopping event, and would definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear caridad00,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with our hotel. I appreciated reading the compliments of your experiences with several of the guest amenities like the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, breakfast services, your suite and our attractive open atrium setting, thank you. I apologize that our light snacks offerings during our daily Manager's Reception is not comparable to the offerings of a Homewood Suites; to which I agree with you that they are excellent properties to stay at and being another Hilton Worldwide Brand Hotel, my family and I enjoy their evening services very much also. Additionally, I apologize for the unpleasant wait times that you had to endure during your dining in our restaurant, and I thank you very much for your patience, understanding, and especially recognizing our Team Members' efforts to 'empower' themselves to 'make it right' before your departure from the hotel. Thanks again for your business and loyalty to our HW hotels, and we look forward to servicing your return shopping trip.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have stayed at this property several times. It is a great location for shopping both Somerset Mall and Great Lakes Crossing. The hotel was busy, but not sold out. Went to the pool in the evening and all of the towels were gone. Walked to the front desk and the receptionist said " they're still not there ". So apparently I was not the first to ask. The pool area had not been picked up and cleaned for what looked like a long while. Dirty towels and cups everywhere. The next morning we went down at 8:15am and the towels were gone again! On weekends especially you would think that someone would be checking the pool every half hour or so to keep it stocked and clean.
The breakfast was ok. Not as good as I have had there before. Like I said, the hotel was not sold out yet they had run out of forks, and some of the food. Even the hot water for tea was gone! The person making the omelettes didn't seem to have a handle on it. Most often at Embassy Suites this goes pretty smooth,
I am a Gold Member and usually my benefit choices are in my room when I arrive. They were not there, nor did they come while we were out. I stopped by the front desk to ask about them and he said "did you check your refrigerator?" I said that I hadn't but would, and when he looked it up he said "oh someone will bring them up". I realize it isn't much, but if they are going to offer you something for being a Hilton Honor member then I would expect they carry through.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear lovetootrvl,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with our property. I apologize that all of your experiences, from the swimming pool area towel supply, cleanliness of area, and poor breakfast experience to the missing HHonors amenity upon check-in; all of which were simply just not up to par with our normal high service levels. I appreciate that even with these inconveniences that you had to endure, that you were still very fair and complimenting in your overall review and grading of the stay, thank you. I will definitely share your feedback with our Team as your grading also pointed out that it was our Team Members' lacking responsiveness, pro-activeness and overall missed service opportunities to impress our guests that left an unfavorable impression on one of our loyal, valued Gold HHonors Members. Thanks again for your valued business and we hope that you will still choose to stay with us on another future shopping trip in our area.

Eric Welch,