“Hotel Experience Exceeds Expectation”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Troy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel should be a model for all others. The staff, accommodations and amenities are all exceptional. The location is convenient to great shopping, shows and restaurants. When planning a trip to Troy there is no question this is the hotel to book.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Catherine U,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! Your compliments and descriptions of our guest accommodations, services and our Team Members are all appreciated greatly, thank you. I especially enjoyed your opening statements "This hotel should be a model for all others. The staff, accommodations and amenities are all exceptional"; these are inspiring and impressive sentiments of our hotel and Team, thank you very much.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business, and we appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and company; and we look forward to servicing your future return trips to our area.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed for a week with my teenager, so I really appreciated the separate room. The hotel is an older convert, but is was spotlessly kept and in excellent shape. I travel often and I always try to stay at Embassy, you can not beat the value for the price.

My only wish was that the Staff had been friendlier. It may be a regional issue, but it would be nice to be acknowledged when entering the hotel. While a couple of the Clerks were very pleasant, there were several times we walked in and the Desk Clerk did not even look up.

Overall a good stay and I would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Dear JBClark,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I appreciated reading how our suite accommodations were a good fit for you and your teenager and especially for the longer length of stay with us. I also enjoyed reading your opening statement "Would stay here again in a New York second” and how you "always try to stay at Embassy, you cannot beat the value for the price"; those two sentiments sound like advertising material, thank you. I will review your feedback of how not all our Front Desk Team Members were consistently engaging with you throughout the entire stay with our managers, as that is a critical guest touch point that we have to become more consistent with; thank you for providing this feedback.

Thanks again for your Excellent review and valued business and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs when traveling to our area soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

excellent reception and large bar gathering area knowledgeable wait staff very friendly counter personnel with close shopping nearby and freeway access rooms neat and spacious vey roomy and night staff easily accessible

Dear William C,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that your family event went well at our hotel through the holiday season, and we appreciate that you chose to spend your special time with our Team. Thank you for describing several of our guest accommodations and services so positively, and I will share your compliments of our "knowledgeable wait staff very friendly counter personnel" with them as they will appreciate reading of this positive feedback also.

Thanks again for the wonderful review and valued business, and we hope we will be your first choice again for lodging needs when traveling to our area.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Don't stay here when I am here so I have the place to myself. The Hotel is extremely clean, with good location and ambiance. It feels more expensive than it costs. The staff is extremely friendly and pleasant. The evening reception is awesome and the breakfast bar even better. The hot tub and pool are very clean and warm and a pleasant experience.

Dear Adam49676,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I appreciated your several compliments and descriptions of our guest accommodations, hotel cleanliness, and especially your compliment of our "staff is extremely friendly and pleasant", thank you very much. While we could not sell the entire hotel to just yourself for an evening, I enjoyed reading your opening statement, complimenting and unique, thank you.

Thanks again for the great review and your valued business. We look forward to servicing your future return stays when traveling to our area again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Except that the breakfast area is close to the room and it was noicy at 6:30 and there is no Valet parking available. Returning late in night andpark the car far away with no security is scary. Overall the stay was nice withour any major problem.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Mohammed S,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced regarding the noise from our breakfast operations that begin at 6:30am; unfortunately, the open atrium setting of our hotel does allow for noise to travel upward to the floors at times. I am glad however to read your description that the overall stay was nice and I appreciate your feedback from the entire stay and I will review with our Team.

Thanks again for the review and valued business, and I hope that we will be your first choice for lodging if you should be traveling to our area in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We checked into our first room and the toilet did not work. The staff initially wanted to send up engineering ,but we needed to get ready immediately for a graduation and I asked for another room. Met with a little resistance at first ,but when I was adamant they did give us another room. In the next room , the toilet rim was dirty. We found a housekeeper near our room and she cleaned it immediately A good thing however was that We had driven through a major snowstorm . We had been on the road 10 hrs and were running late for my Daughter's graduation when we only expected to drive 6 hrs. When we arrived they had complimentary Hot Chocolate in the Lobby, that was a nice touch and helped to calm us after a very hectic day .

Dear Mark C,

Thank you for the review for your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that your early suite condition and cleanliness experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action. On a positive note, thank you for mentioning how our hot chocolate in the lobby helped to welcome you to our property after a very long drive through bad weather.

I sincerely apologize again for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Good place to stay. Hotels provided clean, promt and good service such as many additional services such as fitnes center, free drinks before dinner time, breakfast buffet etc. Best fit for my needs spenidng my days for doing business in North Detroit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Uli K,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I appreciated all of your positive descriptions of many of our accommodations and services that we provide to our guests. Thank you also for mentioning how our property's services and amenities helped to provide the "best fit" for your lodging needs during your business travels, as our Team strives to be the top choice for all business travelers visiting our local area.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and especially your valued business and we hope to service your future lodging needs again soon.