Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Troy
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Always good”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very good hotel. I have stayed at this hotel for over 25 years, for about a total of 8 weeks of nights. Staff and breakfast are excellent. Could use some upgrading with blankets and pillows. Troy is very convenient area in Detroit. It is hard to beat the value of Embassy suites.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. There are not many words that can accurately describe the depth of gratitude that our Team and company has to adequately thank you for 25+ years of valued business and loyalty shown awarded to our hotel. Your feedback and observations that you can report in reviews then are unique in that it indicates how the Embassy Suites Brand and our hotel Team has been able to maintain your loyalty through many years through our consistent product and service. I appreciated also your feedback of our bedding and pillows, and I am happy to inform you that we are just about complete in implementing our new bedding and pillow conversion, and I am hoping that you will enjoy those newer items in your next stay with us.

Thanks again for the wonderful review and valued business, and especially your continued, longstanding loyalty; all are very much appreciated. We look forward to servicing your return trips to our area soon.

Eric Welch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had the best stay at this hotel during a Michigan blizzard. Beautiful rooms, super-helpful staff, and the breakfasts are great-cooked to order omelets! The rooms are very large, and the wireless internet works! Not always the case at some hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear fadokv,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I really appreciated how you mentioned staying with us during the "Michigan blizzard" and that your overall stay was still "great". This winter season has presented many challenges for not just our hotel and state but throughout the states; I will make definitely share your positive feedback to our Team as they will all appreciate it greatly. Thank you also for your wonderful compliments of many of the guest accommodations and amenities that are serviced to our guests, and especially for your compliment of our Team Members being "super-helpful staff", they will enjoy reading this very much.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs again soon.

United States
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel has a nice open design with an excellant breakfest. Very clean and up to date. Nice large bar, but expensive. I would stay again. Overall value is very good. Nice location to the highway. Within 10 minutes of shopping and restaurants

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Christopher J H,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! From your descriptions of the stay it appears that this was your first visit to our property and I am happy that your first experience was a positive first impression for you. Thank you for your positive feedback on our open atrium setting and "excellent breakfast", much appreciated.

Thanks again for the Excellent review, and for choosing to stay at our hotel for the first time and I hope we will be your top choice again in the future visits to our area.

Flushing, Michigan
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is a nice hotel but with the layout it is impossible to avoid the hotel noise in your room. The managers reception is a nice touch with the free drinks but there is no food to speak of. The complementary breakfast had a nice selection but the prepped food was cold. Bed is very comfortable but the towels were very rough. Was not ideal for our romantic trip but it is a nice, well-kept hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was extremely disappointed at check in. I paid for my three rooms (double bed executive suites) three weeks in advance. When I arrived to check in, promptly at 3pm, my rooms were not available. I received no phone call either. The hotel gave me 1 king bed executive suite and 5 king bed std suites spread across the second floor. I had 11 children with me and the best they could do was spread the room across one floor...really??? Not only that, two of the rooms were right above the pool and the chlorine smell was so awful, I instantly had a headache as soon as I stepped into the room. Besides, having to wait 40 minutes to get the six keys, three of the keys didn't work when I went to check out the rooms. Finally, I gave up on those rooms and went back to reception and told them that these rooms will not do. Finally, after an hour, the receptionist found me four rooms right next to each other on the third floor. What a hassle!!!!! Besides all of that, I'm still waiting for the bank to remove the $150 pending charges for incidentals that the hotel assured me I had none. Needless to say, I was very dissatisfied with my stay and will look elsewhere when I book my next room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristen S
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Kristen S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and especially value your great comments. We are quite disappointed though that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations. We have taken note of your feedback.

Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our management team already and we will act upon them, as we sincerely want to do things right to ensure that you will enjoy a great hospitality experience on your next trip to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Very convenient location very close to everything you would want - shopping, lots of great restaurants, and local businesses. My son and I stayed here two nights as we were looking for apartments for him. The location was perfect. We were there on a weekend, and I know how Embassy Suites are set up with the atrium in the middle. However, there was some kind of Sunday School retreat that weekend, so there were children everywhere running around, sitting in the hallways, lounging around in their pajamas. This is not the fault of the hotel, of course, but the place does seem to cater to families. Breakfast on Saturday morning was very crowded and the line was so long for omelets that we skipped it. We decided to go out for breakfast on Sunday morning for the same reason. Since that is one of the perks of the hotel, that was a little annoying. The hotel staff couldn't have been more kind or gracious. They aim to please. We ordered room service Saturday evening, and the food was pretty good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank swoodruf
Graytown, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I had a great experience at the hotel and really enjoyed the fitness room. The room was very clean and had all of the amenities I needed. It was very convenient. The food was excellent. It was really bad, snowy weather and the lobby was kept immaculate to the point that you did not know the weather was inclement.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business