“Exactly What You'd Expect From Embassy - Quality”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Troy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We stayed five nights in August for a wedding The staff worked with us to book a block of rooms, all on the same floor. The hotel is clean, modern, comfortable and quite spacious. There's plenty of lounge areas, eating areas, waiting areas, etc. The breakfast buffet was delicious and we moved tables together daily so the 10 of us could sit together and the staff actually helped us move them and refilled our cups. We never felt rushed, either, even as we lingered long after breakfast service was over using the tables and chairs to continue our visiting with each other. The manager's reception in the afternoon featured wine, soda, beer, and munchies, all complementary. The jacuzzi was clean and hot, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms quite clean. The hotel is right off the interstate and there are plenty of good restaurants in the area too. After a bad experience at the Embassy in Southfield, this hotel thoroughly restored my faith in Embassy . The sole negative - the goofy $9 internet access fee for 24 hrs. This has got to go. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2010

My family is still located in Michigan, so I spend several weeks a year in the area visiting, and for family functions. On 3 different weekends this summer, I had the opportunity to stay at 3 of the area hotels. The 3 days I spent at the Troy Embassy Suites were my favorite. The room was very reasonably priced- only $99. This included a terrific breakfast. Not the typical buffet, and included a made to order omelet station which was excellent. The entire hotel staff -accommodating, professional and very friendly. My room-everything I could ask for and more. Comfortable beds, modern and attractive bathroom, living area and bedroom (suite...) I could not believe my good fortune after having checked out of a neighboring hotel that was dirty and nasty and cost me $85. with none of the extras. I would recommend this place to anyone. I paid the extra $20. per night for the Club Floor -which turned out to be the 8th floor suites. It was probably quieter up there on the weekends, but during the week when most people are looking for business travel, this might not be necessary.
In the last 45 days, I have stayed in Troy 3 times. Stayed at The Met (NO), The Marriott (Very Nice) and Embassy Suits (Very Nice also -and for the price -every bit as comfortable as the Marriott. I travel a lot and routinely pay $200 - $350. a night for a room, so I maybe expect a lot for my money..but the Embassy Suites is where I will stay in Troy from now on.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank lilmidge
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I am a huge fan of Embassy Suites, the breakfast is wonderful. This one has a huge parking lot, newer rooms and great staff. The gym is top notch and the WiFi, while not free, is fast.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Upon check in to this Embassy suites the clerk notified us of the adults only policy at the pool from 10pm-12MN. We planned our day for this relaxing moment. At 10pm there were family's with kids approx. 7-8 running everywhere. At 1010pm the manager came in and nicely enforced the rule that no one under 18 allowed in pool area after 10pm. The family's left and we sure enjoyed the adult quiet time!!!!! This location also shuttles you to Sommerset Collections Mall .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keoweegirl
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stay here frequesntly for work during the week. Very popular place as sometimes hard to get in. 2nd choice is Hilton Auburn Hills, similar layout and features. Anyway, this place is #1, great rooms, bar area, breakfast included cooked to order. Gym and pool are also great and updated. Employees here are top notch.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2007

The hotel is very nice. Service was great. Rooms are 2 room suites with 2 TV's, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sleeper sofa in the living room. Hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub, and small work out room. Made to order breakfast was very good and free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 July 2006

I stayed there in June 2006. They have recently updated much of the hotel (still in progress in June). I stayed for business for 3 weeks. The lobby, attrium, and rooms were nice and comfortable, especially the bed. The happy hour was fun and a nice environment unless you have a real big problem with people smoking.

Things I wish they'd fix even more:

The exercise room is small if you like to work out while on business trips. FYI, LifeTime fitness is less than a mile away if you're a member there or want to get a pass for a couple of days.

Breakfast buffet needs more courteous and efficient help. Long lines to get omletes and eggs made.

Internet connection super slow. This may be the one reason I'd go stay at the Troy Hilton or Homesuites instead. Embassy's wireless sevice cost $10 and was almost useless for speed. It quit cutting out. Good luck finding someone at the front desk who can make it better.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank Mulk87
Travellers also viewed these Troy hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit / Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Troy
Somerset Inn
Somerset Inn
#10 of 17 in Troy
Detroit Marriott Troy

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills? Share your experiences!