“Hockey Trip October 2013”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Massive party in the room next door. No security going around. Need to take better care of the customers with families.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric L
fbakoss, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We do apologize for the inconvenience that another guest may have caused during your stay. Your suggestion about security has been passed along to management. We hope to have you here again where you can see some of your input addressed.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

While the room was good, there was absolutely too much furniture. You couldn't even turn around without bumping into a piece of furniture. The bedding was comfortable. The television was in an unworkable location for us business travellers who like to use the screen for a large computer monitor when in the room and working. The television channel guide was not a match for the service available. Breakfast wasn't the greatest, bacon was always swimming in grease. For the price, you can't beat it. I've been to more expenseive places that charge an arm and a leg for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank n0vnm

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I have forwarded your suggestions in regards to our TV and furniture placement on to management, we truly appreciate your input. Your comment about the bacon has been addressed and is now fixed. We thank you for choosing Hawthorn Suites and can't wait to have you back soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
fbakoss, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The room had a musty smell. It needed updating. Our room was right on the highway and it was noisy. This was my first stay at a Hawthorn suites. The room was spacious and the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael H
fbakoss, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about the musty smell in the room and the highway noise. Being in a high traffic area such as Troy leaves little room to avoid highway noise completely on the entire property, however we have many rooms located in the center of the property that are nice and quiet. Next time you choose to stay with us please request a room located in the courtyard area and we will be happy to assist you. We want your next stay with us to be nothing but the best Wyndham experience possible.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Most rooms have been updated since I have stayed there in the years past. I get a room 1-2 nights a week for work and have noticed an improvement in-time but recently noticed a lot of renovations. The exterior...Paint has been done recently and the landscaping has been completely redone from all the construction last year making it finally look like a 5 star resort. The Inside... Fixed most holes/carpet and fixtures that really needed it....The penthouse is amazing!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter. Try the penthouse sometime
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed our new renovations. We are always making improvements to the property, as a matter of fact we just renovated our gym as well. We can't wait to have you back soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

1  Thank Lisa L

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I initially chose this property for a business trip to Troy, MI, because the hotel I where I have been staying, was sold out on the days I needed. The property was close to my client's and the price was reasonable, so I decided to give it a try. The check-in experience was very pleasant and I was VERY pleasantly surprised with the suite. It was clean and comfortable and spacious. The bathroom had ample counter space for all of my toiletries, etc. The shower had lots of hot water and the pressure was great. The TV was modern and had plenty of channels to choose from. There's a full kitchen in the suite, but I really didn't use it. Finally, the breakfast was OK (not great, but more than acceptable). They have a nightly dinner during the week, but I didn't experience it. Parking was convenient to my suite. Overall, I was quite pleased with the property and service.

If you're wondering why I didn't go for "5 circles" instead of 4, there are are couple of things that could be a little better. The TV isn't very conveniently placed: If I worked at the desk, it was at my back. When I was in bed it was very far away. The Air Conditioning system was excellent at cooling the suite (I was there on a 90+ degree day), but it's pretty noisy. It's not noisy because it's defective or old... it's just noisy because the fan in powerful and needs to cool the entire suite.

I consider those as minor issues and they wouldn't stop me from returning (in fact, I've already been there twice), but they make the experience less than perfect.

For overall value and comfort, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased your first experience with Hawthorn Suites was such a pleasant one. Please come back and check out our newly renovated gym as well. We cant wait to have you back at the Hawthorn Suites in Troy.