“The hotel was very nice and clean. We stayed n the...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean. We stayed n the executive suite which was great for a large party. Lots of room and loved the two bathrooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine B

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here last night for my birthday and were very pleased. When we arrived they said they had us as a no show for the previous night which is not how my husband had booked it. Since there were rooms available they accommodated us with no fault to us and even let us checkin an hour early. The room was very spacious, clean and updated. Since it is a suite it had a kitchen. Granite countertops and cabinetry were nice. Stove (which we didn't use) was electric. Shower water pressure (which is important to me) was amazing and water got SUPER hot. Breakfast had a nice selection. Guests above us were having a party, were playing music, etc. but the loud heat system that others complained about previously masked it enough that it didn't bother us so we just let them have a good time. At only $71/night, we would certainly stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It was very nice and clean and everyone was very helpful. They take very good care of you. The breakfast was great and they have a really good coffee bar. I would very much recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was a very nice suite I would recommend this to everyone. Everyone there was very nice. The breakfast was very good. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

It was my first time here, but I was really satisfied!
I can suggest to other people to come here and have fun...
The place is confortable, clean, with cooking corner...Breakfast was good...
Reception is kind! So, everything was positive!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel. The reviews seemed fine and the price was attractive. Upon arriving, I realized that all of the suites were like 4-plex style condos with their own stoves, fridges, family rooms, etc. The buildings were dated and older looking on the outside, but the inside was up to date with granite counter tops and updated furniture. The bed was comfortable and the rooms clean and inviting. The customer service was good. I was disappointed that there was no spa available or pool as advertised. I traveled in January and they had sub-zero temps and their pool and hot tub are outside and seasonal. Their work out facility/gym was not very impressive and you had to walk outside in the cold to get to it.

Overall, it was a comfortable room, the service was good but I think that this would be a better hotel to visit during the warmer months.

Room Tip: It is located close to the 75 freeway and you can hear some road noise If you stay on the south faci...